It's Today!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ditto like the rest, welcome to the world of diving.

Quite an oxymoron snow - scuba (although there is ice diving :cold: I'm a DM (in training) on a OW course that started yesterday, so snow - pool - diving - snow, will be the routine for the next few weekends.

I know it's quite a feeling breathing underwater the first time, but seeing the faces of those experiencing it for the first time is awesome too!

Enjoy!

Welcome Parrothead. There is always room in the pond for good divers. The others before me have described this sport in terms of "obsession" or "addiction" but the real truth is that scuba will own your soul.......... And there is no better way to be! Diving in snow - well it's something to note in the log book right?

"Best Fishes" ....... Ladygodiver

Parrothead,
It's great to have another "Parrothead" on the board, I'm sure they're more of us out there. After this they will speak up. How'd class go today?

one-eyed Don

Class was fine today. I learned that I never want to run out of air. After these 2 days I am sore in muscles that I didn't know that I ever had. And now (Monday) I have to lug books around campus to class. :(
I Wanna go where it's warm!
-Parrot

Parrothead,
Little do you realize that you live in an area that is one of the hottest dive spots in the US. Out off the coast of the Carolinas is the "Graveyard of the Atlantic", more wrecks out there than you can shake a flip-flop at.

You are close to Florida. You acutally live in an ideal location.

Grashopper, the snow will pass & then new life will emerge.

Yes, I am a pirate, 200 years to late.......

Don #35

Finished up the O/w course today. Got a 96 on the written and easily passed the skills. I had a little trouble with clearing my mask at first, but I got through it and made it. It gets easier everytime. I think I'm going to do my certification dives at Crystal River, FL hopefully sometime in March. I've been there before, but never snorkeled or dove(obviously) there.

Mother, mother Ocean, I have heard your call,
-Parrot

Parrothead,

Well, it's all over now, there's no turning back, not that you'd ever want to anyway. Glad to hear you did great on your test. Now do great on the rest and your gills will start forming before you know it.

"In your belly you hold the treasure, that few have ever seen..........."

Don

Congradulations Parrot, now that you've been bitten by the diving bug, you are family for life. Welcome to the realm.

Thanks. Glad to be part of the family. But do I have to sit next to don numbers 1 - 42 at the kiddie table this year?
-Parrot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom