LBTS dive in the next few days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew - We'll call you when we get in... If the viz is crappy, we can wait until Sunday Morning.

Chuck - That's great that your power FINALLY came back on. I don't blame you for not wanting to see a flashlight for a while.

We've been in Colorado since the 1st of Nov. and we're ready to get in the water... Actually, the ski area opens tomorrow (Friday Nov 11) and I think we're going to take a few runs.

My wife and I took the Whaler out this morning hoping to do some lobstering. We checked out the Balls, Datura and Captain Dan. The visibility was so bad we didn't jump in the water. At Datura we couldn't see the bottom in 10 feet of water. Kind of looks like a toilet.

lhpdiver:
SNIP... at Datura we couldn't see the bottom in 10 feet of water. Kind of looks like a toilet.
... but that's improvement! I was going to post that the surf zone actually looked much "cleaner" this morning (Thursday). The wind is north (you must have had a fun ride back), and soon it will be westerly again... not soon enough, tho!

I have my fingers crossed that the winds will change but was talking with a few shops yesterday and they are all saying it is black water diving and horrible currents right now. This S---Ks big time. The gills are getting dry!

The conditions are Absolutely Horrific!!!! I went diving this morning along with Walter (whmelig) at 8:30am off of Hibiscus (Just south of Commercial Pier) and the visibility was no more than 1 foot. We tried the first reef and soon went out to the second reef with no better luck. After about 10 minutes being below and seing close to nothing we called the dive.

Water temperature was about 80 degrees Farenheight according to my trusty computer.

I will go back out tomorrow if people want to go, but I don't believe it will be any better.

The black water conditions are pretty much true, however there was very little if any current at all. But there was a bunch of surge.

Thanks for the update. I will back out of everything under these conditions.
Fortunately, it looks like I have found a place to tuck into and dive my students in the morning.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for next weekend.

Hey Andrew,

It was nice diving with you, yesterday and meeting Marvel. Too bad the conditions were so bad, but there is always a next time.
If you go today, bring a back up activity, maybe like a kite or something. Plenty of wind, LOL

Anyway ...you guys take care and a pleasure meeting you all.

Walter.......

PS. The admin changed my user name as requested, it is no longer "whmehlig"

Hey Andrew... I just spoke to capt. Lynn (splashdown) she said that the Vis yesterday on the Capt. Tony was ONLY 50'... and that the vis on the reef was "worse" at 25-30'... We're going tomorrow with them (11/14) - Give a call if you want in... She said there's 6 for Monday already including us.

Hey Howard,

I'd love to join you guys, but I'm probably going to be spending more money than I need to be next weekend. Have fun tomorrow, and I hope the conditions turn out to be great for you guys.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom