LDS Scams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i hope you all have the same reaction next time someone starts bashing
LeisurePro or another of the on-line retailers.

i commend this reaction. i want to see it spread.

Now you are stereo typing Americans, I take offence to that.

I don't want a name. It's just that your post comes off in the wrong manner, it is not going to provide any constructive criticism and it seems you are hiding behind this " am not into taking down a man's lively hood." but I want to slag him anyway.

I support GDI and his right to say what he wants good or bad. Self-censorship is not required. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and should be allowed to express it openly and without criticism from other members. You may not agree with the opinion being stated but you should accept that persons right to say it. If a dive shop or other being criticized wants to comment and rebut let them. But, all this talk of self-censorship scares me.

People seem to have no trouble telling the world when they get "scammed" by an online retailer.

Notice how the dive shop employee has suddenly become very vocal speaking against a thread with people talking about getting "scammed" by their local shop.

Divefan:

this being a privately operated forum, and thus the actions of the members or operators not constituting "government action," you nor anyone else has free speech rights on here (I am assuming that Scubaboard does not receive
any Federal or State funds or is otherwise sponsored by Federal or State
entities).

rather, you have to obey the Terms of Service. Please read them. This board does not allow a number of things.

I would suggest you make yourself familiar with the TOS as they constitute the operating law of this board.

divefan:
I. You may not agree with the opinion being stated but you should accept that persons right to say it. If a dive shop or other being criticized wants to comment and rebut let them. But, all this talk of self-censorship scares me.

I am voicing my opinion and I disagree with what GDI is trying to do. He is criticizing a shop but because he won't say who, they have no recourse to defend them self.

I just think that this type of thread is unproductive

jonnythan:
People seem to have no trouble telling the world when they get "scammed" by an online retailer.

Notice how the dive shop employee has suddenly become very vocal speaking against a thread with people talking about getting "scammed" by their local shop.

I am all for telling about the scams out there, but we can go about it in a more positive way.

And I am not a dive shop employee.

I actually think it's a good thread. I know my LDS has tried to pull a fast one on me once or twice, and think it would be good to hear of things that have happened to other people.

No LDS is being named so no one has to defend themselves.

Oh I don't know, I have been "scammed" so often by LDS's, I usually avoid them all now 'cept to get my tank filled. I (and I'm sure many others) would certainly welcome tips and advice regarding shady shop dealings. To be forewarned is to be forearmed, right? There's certainly no bias against bashing LeisurePro on this board at least once a week! Just don't mention the name or specific location of the shop where the problems arose, plain and simple.

Wouldn't the incident regarding the additionally charged logbook be fraud of some sort? Wouldn't that be likened to say, being sold a new car without the battery installed?

How I've been scammed by LDS's:
1. False advertising of a BCD as being a "brand new, revolutionary design" (actually an outdated ripoff of some other model)
2. Being charged for the photo "required" to be put on the specialty cards.
3. Buy your own LDS "gear warranty!" That's right, any gear you buy at this shop you can have serviced here at a reduced price.
4. Charged extra for filling a 6351 tank as it wasn't VIP'ed at that particular shop.
5. Charged for equipment rentals over periods when the shop is closed and items cannot be returned to them (i.e. Sundays).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom