LDS Scams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pez de Diablo:
Now you are stereo typing Americans, I take offence to that.

I don't want a name. It's just that your post comes off in the wrong manner, it is not going to provide any constructive criticism and it seems you are hiding behind this " am not into taking down a man's lively hood." but I want to slag him anyway.
In my comment I may have stereo typed Americans. Living down here and being married to one, I in fact truthfully admire the Americans. Thus My sincere apologies to my American and Canadian friends.

As for the rest of my coments I wish to speak in general terms. Not against one person. I have seen things go on in many different dive shops some good some bad. Customer beware. What have you seen? It is not criticism it is an observation, an experience I am asking about. perhaps the title has thrown a expectation off of what I am asking. Please feel free to readdress the question.

archman is just pouring lemon juice on the cut now...

:devil_2:

GDI:
In my comment I may have stereo typed Americans. Living down here and being married to one, I in fact truthfully admire the Americans. Thus My sincere apologies to my American and Canadian friends.

As for the rest of my coments I wish to speak in general terms. Not against one person. I have seen things go on in many different dive shops some good some bad. Customer beware. What have you seen? It is not criticism it is an observation, an experience I am asking about. perhaps the title has thrown a expectation off of what I am asking. Please feel free to readdress the question.

Much better, thanks

When dealing with retailers I have seen them push the wrong type of gear on the customer. Most retailers don't listen to the customers needs they only try to talk the customer into something that they think the customer wants. When dealing with a retailer, always find one that is willing to listen and ask you questions about your needs.

Dennis

H2Andy:

Ooh, I've got some salt here to go with that. The good sea salt, not that iodine drenched garbage...

H2Andy:

Yes perhaps so, but he has mentioned some things hasn't he. Like this What about charges for repair kits and annual service when all the tech did was turn over the seat on the second stage. Yup he took it apart so maybe the labor fee for cleaning, but a full charge for a kit that was never installed because all they did was turned the 2nd stage seat over, come on

H2Andy:
Divefan:

this being a privately operated forum, and thus the actions of the members or operators not constituting "government action," you nor anyone else has free speech rights on here (I am assuming that Scubaboard does not receive
any Federal or State funds or is otherwise sponsored by Federal or State
entities).

rather, you have to obey the Terms of Service. Please read them. This board does not allow a number of things.

Which is a morally shameful position. Providing a forum creates a moral and ethical obligation to honor the tenets of free expression.

In fact, such limitations INCREASE the possibility of the lawsuits GDI fears - any attempt to limit what is said is essentially an acceptance of responsibility for what is said.
You create a duty of care.

As for GDI's concerns, I say name names. If you're relating the
FACTS, and doing so honestly, you've covered yourself. Heck, GDI, you have a witness to the entire affair. Someone said there
were crew packs shipped missing the logs. If the LDS didn't
claim that's what happened (in which case they should have taken it up with PADI) and you are sure they removed the log, then
I would not only name names here, I'd file a QA with PADI.

Pez de Diablo:
I am voicing my opinion and I disagree with what GDI is trying to do. He is criticizing a shop but because he won't say who, they have no recourse to defend them self.

In this you're correct. People could think any shop in GDI's area is the one in question - by withholding the name, he's just broadbrushed every shop in an entire region.

Pez de Diablo:
I just think that this type of thread is unproductive

Not as he proposed it. Now, if it named names, AND stuck to facts, THAT would be great.

Uh, how did this thread get resurrected? Is there a statute of limitations for controversial postings?

archman:
How I've been scammed by LDS's:
2. Being charged for the photo "required" to be put on the specialty cards.
3. Buy your own LDS "gear warranty!" That's right, any gear you buy at this shop you can have serviced here at a reduced price.
4. Charged extra for filling a 6351 tank as it wasn't VIP'ed at that particular shop.
5. Charged for equipment rentals over periods when the shop is closed and items cannot be returned to them (i.e. Sundays).
2. the photo is NOT included. Most shops I know give you the PIC and it's up to you to supply the photo, and they'll take one for a small charge. Beats the heck out of haviing the price of a photo built into the course fee when you have a stack of them sitting on your desk at home.
3. As long as it's not doubling up on the manufacturer's warranty, what's wrong with it? Electronics stores have been doing it for years.
4. Hey, be happy, some places won't fill them, period.
5. If you didn't get it back before closing on Saturday, whose fault is that?

WHAT A BUNCH OF JERKS!!!
Seems like everytime I get on here, someone is jumping down someones throat over something. Everyone has an opinion but some should learn to keep them to themselves. GRIPE, GRIPE, GRIPE... I'm sick of this CRAP.

GROW UP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom