Leisurepro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J1M1

Reaction score
sorry to have to write this about a company that advertises here but here go's. I ordered an oms analyzer from them once, got it and the threads on the O2 sensor were broken off. No big deal right i have a big dive in a month that i need it for. Sent it back. Called them almost 2 weeks ago to see if my account has been credited so i can have a new one sent to me. Nope not in their system yet. Getting to be crunch time for my dives that i'll need it on. They send me a new one and charge the account for another one because i need it by this friday. Get it yesterday. Turn it on and it reads only the bottom half of the numbers. Broken again. The second broken one in as many attempts. Call them today to see what can be done. Bascally nothing, i would have to send the other one back and they would charge me for another one until this one gets through their system. Which by the way has taken over two weeks and has still not been found or credited. So i say i dont have another 2 hundred dollars on my check card to buy another one and wait weeks before it shows back up again. That would be over 600$ for an analyzer right now when i need it. I may have to cancel the dives this weekend also because i cant alalyze. Hope someone else there has one. Oh yeah and the bottom timer i bought from them has also failed in less than 4 dives and they say they have to send it back to the manufacturer so i should see it "IF" it can be fixed by the manufacturer. If not then by by 150$ and the analyzer i wont have. I was a pretty good customer there spending over 2000$ there and they say there is nothing we can do. They have lost me as a customer and i will tell my story to whoever i can to try and dissuade them from purchasing anything from LEISUREPRO Sorry but thats it...JD

I understand your aggravation but some things to keep in mind when using a debit/check card especially when you are buying off of the Internet. I have had issues in the past with debit cards and have also had a credit card number stolen once. These are things I have heard:

1. There is no recourse like there is with a credit card to stop payment if there is an issue with the purchase.

2. I am not 100% sure but I think if the card number is stolen there is no max limit on the loss unlike most credit cards which have a $50 maximum loss if the card number is stolen

3. There is no guarantee on either credit cards or debit/check cards that the credit to the account will happen any faster than 30 days, obviously this is a real hassle when the money comes out of your checking account.

I know that this won't help you solve your issues with LP, but it will hopefully make life easier for you when you purchase in the future. If you do not have a CC, ask a friend/relative to purchase for you and give them the cash since you had it on hand anyways.

As for the lack of an analyzer, are you mixing your own gas? Just curious, I made my own analyzer from Oxycheq so I could double check the LDS when they mix mine but I do use theirs and sign a log before I leave.

P.S. Why do I get the feeling I will have to unsubscribe from this thread due to the heavy traffic it will probably get? :eyebrow:
TTSkipper

TTSkipper:
I understand your aggravation but some things to keep in mind when using a debit/check card especially when you are buying off of the Internet. I have had issues in the past with debit cards and have also had a credit card number stolen once. These are things I have heard:

1. There is no recourse like there is with a credit card to stop payment if there is an issue with the purchase.

2. I am not 100% sure but I think if the card number is stolen there is no max limit on the loss unlike most credit cards which have a $50 maximum loss if the card number is stolen

3. There is no guarantee on either credit cards or debit/check cards that the credit to the account will happen any faster than 30 days, obviously this is a real hassle when the money comes out of your checking account.

I know that this won't help you solve your issues with LP, but it will hopefully make life easier for you when you purchase in the future. If you do not have a CC, ask a friend/relative to purchase for you and give them the cash since you had it on hand anyways.

As for the lack of an analyzer, are you mixing your own gas? Just curious, I made my own analyzer from Oxycheq so I could double check the LDS when they mix mine but I do use theirs and sign a log before I leave.

P.S. Why do I get the feeling I will have to unsubscribe from this thread due to the heavy traffic it will probably get? :eyebrow:
TTSkipper
yeah im mixing myself and mixing trimix which is why the analyzer is so important cause the mix can change if heated and cooled or sits for long periods when i cant get to the shop..i am considering that el cheapo as well...just real pissed off...JD

WOW, I've never had a problem with Leisurepro...I'll tell EVERYONE BUY FROM LEISUREPRO!!

I was wondering how long it would be til an LP whine came on hear. I hear your pain jaydee, i havent spent that much with them, but its been a bit of a fight to get what you ask for or things that are in good shape.

simbrooks:
I was wondering how long it would be til an LP whine came on hear. I hear your pain jaydee, i havent spent that much with them, but its been a bit of a fight to get what you ask for or things that are in good shape.

it most certainly is..I ask if i can talk to his boss and the guy says "no no no he's too big" I almost lost it with this guy on the phone after that. Yuo ever see that commercial where the guy is real pissed off at the guy on the other end of the phone and he says where are you right now.They cut to a seen in this meeting where the guy that was on the phone mad tackles the guy in like 2 seconds..Its a commercial for cheap fast flights....just pissed me off when he said that

jaydee197:
no no no he's too big
I think they must have been refering to his size, he must be a little rotund to fit behind the desk to talk on the phone - getting fat skimming off the cream of the profits out of that store and fleecing unsuspecting customers :wink:

simbrooks:
I think they must have been refering to his size, he must be a little rotund to fit behind the desk to talk on the phone - getting fat skimming off the cream of the profits out of that store and fleecing unsuspecting customers :wink:

probably...i cant get over that he said that..I was considering sucking it up and possibly maintining a customer relationship with them...but he then said his boss was too big to deal with me. Guess he didn't have time for me...a peon looking from his thrown made of broke divers with faulty equipment

If I might make a suggestion. I have bought from Leisure Pro and the biggest headache I have had has been their shipping. I will continue buying NON LIFE SUPPORTING equipment from them. As for the things that ARE life support (ie: regs, bc's, computers, etc) I would suggest buying those things from a LDS or someone here and get them to a certified service center for inspection. Granted you will pay a considerable amount more for them, but they have a Mfg. warranty and are more than likely going to perform the way they are supposed to. Just my 2 cents. :D

Back
Top Bottom