Question Little Cayman Beach REsort vs Cayman Brac Beach Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Q1: Which has the best food?
Q2: Does either have shore diving from the resort?

Diving in LC is superior to CB. One trip to dive around CB from LC is sufficient.

Mr. Tibbetts, who started it all, felt like the food at the Brac resort was better. I've been to both several times and I'm not sure I could say one way or the other. Both have excellent food. I'm headed back to the Brac in September.

I haven't been to the Brac or Little since the reopening, so can't say anything definitive about the food at either place. Keep in mind that there was likely a lot of turnover in the hotel staff due to the Covid shutdowns, so without knowing for sure which members of the chef teams at each resort came back when they reopened, it is just a guess whether the food will be like it was before the shutdowns. What I will say is that I have never had a "bad" meal at either place and the philosophy behind their buffets at both places is to give you plenty of choices so you can always get something you like. When they have switched chefs in the past, some were better, some were worse, but none were ever "bad".

As was said above, neither has decent shore diving from the resort, but Brac has more developed setup for shore diving. The diving on the two islands is surprisingly different for being very similar settings. Most of the diving is around the north or northwest end on both islands as long as conditions allow, and I would say when forced to dive the south side, the sites on Brac are better than Little, but the north side of Little is among the best in the Caribbean. On little, the best sites are either going to have a shallow topped sheer wall layout, or a inner and outer wall separated by a sand channel of varying width. On Brac, there are some sandy chutes , but most of the sites are more spur and groove and will generally be a bit deeper than on Little.

So knowing people have different preferences, it is easy to see why some would say they like one better than the other, but the beauty of it is that in the typical week at either Brac Reef or LCBR, with cooperative weather, you will get a chance to dive both islands in a typical week.

On Brac, there are some sandy chutes , but most of the sites are more spur and groove and will generally be a bit deeper than on Little.

So knowing people have different preferences, it is easy to see why some would say they like one better than the other, but the beauty of it is that in the typical week at either Brac Reef or LCBR, with cooperative weather, you will get a chance to dive both islands in a typical week.
Yay. We had been exploring destinations for a January dive trip and finally decided on Cayman Brac. We’ve booked cayman air from Miami and will be at the Cayman Brac resort with their 3 dive a day dive package. Our dive package includes some LC dives too. As usual Nathalie will write it up and I’ll share some pics and a report some time end Jan.

We’ve been to GC and loved the wall diving at compass point. Looking forward to experiencing the Brac.

I like the second question. I have done LC once. Diving was excellent. I would try CB next time bc of the shore dive options. Not a big fan of boat diving only.

I'm heading to Little Cayman Beach Resort next week. My main reason was to dive Bloody Bay Wall.
I will report back on the diving and the food at the resort, although I am vegetarian/vegan, my wife eats meat.

Looking forward to the report. I'm hoping to work my way through the Caribbean over the next few years.

I'm heading to Little Cayman Beach Resort next week. My main reason was to dive Bloody Bay Wall.
I will report back on the diving and the food at the resort, although I am vegetarian/vegan, my wife eats meat.
We will be there with you. You should be fine as a vegan. They usually have multiple options available and if you tell them your likes, they will usually bend over backwards to make sure you get what you want.

Back
Top Bottom