Question Little Cayman Beach REsort vs Cayman Brac Beach Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contrarywise, a few of us are going the CBBR for a week then LCBR for a second week. We kind of hope we don't go to Bloody Bay Wall while we are at Brac, nor to the Tibbetts wreck while we are at Little!

ADDED FOR CLARITY:
BBW is at Little Cayman, the Tibbetts is at Brac. If you are one of the resorts, and weather permits, they'll take the long boat ride to get you to the other island to dive the "famous" site there.

Interested to hear why tursiops but I suppose regardless of the reason I'd still want to dive them at least once :) We ended up cancelling Brac (it's a long story) but now are back to trying to decide between the two resorts again. At this point leaning more towards little Cayman but will keep our ears and eyes open for a few months before we decide.

Interested to hear why tursiops but I suppose regardless of the reason I'd still want to dive them at least once :) We ended up cancelling Brac (it's a long story) but now are back to trying to decide between the two resorts again. At this point leaning more towards little Cayman but will keep our ears and eyes open for a few months before we decide.
If we are going to both Brac and Little, why take the long sea journey to dive a site at the other island? We'll dive that site without having to do the journey.

In our 3x trips to Brac Reef Resort, I am thinking now that one day they actually offered a trip over to Bloody Bay Wall, and for some reason we decided to stay with the other boat/group and not go. I can't remember now why? LOL. But since both resorts have more than one boat, I'm sure if you don't want the long boat drive to the other side, you can opt to dive with the other boat/group. That's what we did.

So the best idea is to do both :) I like it.

So the best idea is to do both :) I like it.
Agreed! We have 10 people in our group doing both places on successive weeks, plus one couple doing just Little and one fellow doing just Brac.

Agreed! We have 10 people in our group doing both places on successive weeks, plus one couple doing just Little and one fellow doing just Brac.
How do you transfer from one to the other, fly back to GC or direct flight or boat ride :) ?

How do you transfer from one to the other, fly back to GC or direct flight or boat ride :) ?
There are direct flights CYB-LYB or connections through GCM. No ferries.

You might check with Reef Divers. In the past they did a 2 week package with 1 week at Brac and 1 at Little and offered a boat transfer between the two (weather dependent) so you didn't have to miss a dive day with no-fly time.

You might check with Reef Divers. In the past they did a 2 week package with 1 week at Brac and 1 at Little and offered a boat transfer between the two (weather dependent) so you didn't have to miss a dive day with no-fly time.
They are not offering this anymore. I asked for this package, for an 8-room group. They can't guarantee the boat transfer due to weather uncertainty, so I guess they don't want to deal with it anymore. It was a good idea!

Back
Top Bottom