Long hose for recreational diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan once bubbled...
I'm going to be out in (unfortunately, Southern) Cali Dec 3-19, but I'm not bringing my dive gear
Whaaaaaaaaat? Make a day to see some kelp at least! I'm sure someone in NDI Southern California would be willing to hook up with you for a dive or two.

First, let me correct myself by saying that in my original post I should have said "Apeks DST", not "Apeks DS4". That's why I was asking about the oddball sized port for the primary regulator. I've since purchased three DS4's and am enjoying the benefits of standard sized hose ports.

My buddy and I worked with a few classes using the long hose and found the following:

1. Most students didn't seem to notice the difference kitting up, etc.

2. If we had to demo a skill such as buddy breathing they got equally confused by an Air2 as they did by the long hose.

3. Doing a regulator recovery demo can be quite entertaining if you throw the reg overly enthusiastically.

I've since moved my long hose over to a DS4 for diving with doubles and am back to a "traditional" setup for OW classes.

Thanks for all the feedback!

--Atticus

Atticus once bubbled...
3. Doing a regulator recovery demo can be quite entertaining if you throw the reg overly enthusiastically.
First thing you do after throwing the reg over you shoulder is stick the backup in your mouth. Then you have all the time in the world to recover your primary.

Another reason this setup shines -- you're no longer in a race to get your reg before you run out of air.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom