Looking to buy a new Dive computer and need some help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord:
And yes I know some of them can be modified to be a bit more liberal. Actually, I think all of them can, but that's a kludge.
Actually, they can only be made MORE CONSERVATIVE. At least the Suuntos that I have used.

Doug Krause:
I think a tear just rolled down my cheek...
I was just introduced to the VEO 250 this past year and I bought four for my Student gear. Wow! I am planning to buy four more! They are easy to use and teach and they do EVERYTHING I need them to do, except access ScubaBoard during my safety stop! :D Who would of thought that something THIS INEXPENSIVE would work so well? Maybe I'll finally give up my Cobra for an AI VT3 or Atom 1.0??? :D

NetDoc:
Actually, they can only be made MORE CONSERVATIVE. At least the Suuntos that I have used.

Trust me, they can be made LESS conservative too. At least the Nitrox ones can.

The Cobra and the Mosquito can only be set to be More conservative. I own both and have played with that setting. They are rather proud of this fact. Of course, they might have changed their mind about that. Too bad they don't see fit to have a rep monitor the Board!

Pete,

The conservatism is tracking inspired nitrogen. You just need to find a way to tell your computer you are inspiring LESS nitrogen which will make it more liberal. As I said, its a kludge. But very effective. And it works with any of the SUUNTOs that do Nitrox.

The only way to do that is to fudge on your oxygen, which is not merely a "kludge". There is a programable conservatism factor. Normal or high.

Of course, reprogramming the ROM of the computer is beyond the ken and abilities of MOST divers and is way beyond anything ever intended by Suunto. If you do this, you are no longer using Suunto's algorythms.

Yes, fudge the oxygen. If it's a nudge, then the parameters track pretty well. I wouldn't use it outside of more than 3-5% though.

I wouldn't dive it that way at all. Init pergamentum: exit pergamentum! (Garbage in: Garbage out!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom