Looking to get 1st canister light...Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use mine during warm water, high viz dives, too, to look under stuff and in crevices and to bring out the colors at depth. I basically don't dive without it.

TSandM:
I use mine during warm water, high viz dives, too, to look under stuff and in crevices and to bring out the colors at depth. I basically don't dive without it.
I use a 3W Led scout. Less weight in the luggage.

I dive with my cannister light for most dives. I also have a diverite handheld HID that I use when I don't have my cannister light.

If I can help let me know..

Brent

Icarusflies:
I am also looking to buy a dive light and for what I see there is a huge Salve 21W fan club here....Do you guys use these light in day time or only at night?
Both. For me, the whole selling point for the higher wattage light (21w vs 10w) was daytime penetration power. It takes a lot of light to produce a visible beam during daylight hours, and the Salvo 21w comes through with flying colors. :D

NWGratefulDiver:
Yep, bought this light for Cheng, and since she was out of town when it arrived I took it for a test dive. Most impressive ... at depth, where the ambient light was low, it compared favorably to Lynne's Salvo 21W. Nice tight beam, definitely a great light for low vis conditions.

so my question is whether it's worth an extra $100 (+15%?) for the focusable light head version?

pwl:
so my question is whether it's worth an extra $100 (+15%?) for the focusable light head version?
Tough call. On the lower end units, the $100 or so is a high percentaqge of the overall cost, whereas that money is easier ignored on the higher end lights.

The fixed beam lighthead is *tiny*. Very nice and compact. Love that. On the other hand, I really love the focusable spot on my 21w. Hard to say, since I've never used the 10w version, but I'm curious to hear the answer from those who use them. After all, my wife may want one someday, too... and I'd rather buy her a 10w than a 21w!

Does anyone know the specs on the focusable model? The fixed head has a 6 degree beam, but it doesn't give the specs for the other model.

If you are asking about salvo it has about the same range in the tight focus setting, not sure about the wide setting.

Brent

hunter991:
If you are asking about salvo it has about the same range in the tight focus setting, not sure about the wide setting.

Brent
So, are you saying that the two 10w Salvos (non/focusable) have fairly identical beams when set in the tightest focus position?

Back
Top Bottom