Low Pressure Ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also note that some LP prorts may be marked "PRI" for primary. While the pressure from these ports is low they are capable of delivering a higher volume of air and are usually used for second stages. Such is the case with our Sherwood Bizzards anyhhow.

Pete

Hzracing:
Why would a new OW student need to know how may or what each port does? They already have alot of info to learn, why include unnecessary info.

We actually mention the info during the assy portion of the course, most students dont even pay attention

I'd hardly call it unnecessary info. I paid extremely close attention to everything relating to equipment in my OW class, my life depends on the stuff - I better know everything they offer up. At the time I didn't even know there were HP and LP ports on the 1st stage, and I wasn't taught anything on the topic. I'm sure there are plenty of divers in the world who continue on with nothing more than an OW certification, what better place to teach the basics than in the basic class?

The way they have cut back and made the cert process easier is not a good thing in my opinion. I once looked through a PADI manual cir 1970 and the OW class looked like todays OW & Advanced and a little Rescue all in one. Sure made a better diver out of you. I ended up taking the Equipment Specialty class to learn about my gear.

I plan to take my equipment specialty soon here...Once I find a new car so I can make it to the shop and I'm done with school (graduation crunch time, ugh) I'm taking my AOW, DAN O2, EFR, Equipment, Altitude Diver and Nitrox - maybe S&R too. Pretty much loading on classes for the summer so I'm more comfortable and aware with my skills to go out some this summer with friends and gain experience.

I was amazed how much I did not know until I started taking classes. 13 C cards later I sometimes think it would of been easier to stay just a dumb OW diver. Ignorance is bliss I guess. :D

Aquanautchuck:
Ignorance is bliss I guess. :D

yessir...

i might have been dumb out of OW, but at least i was happy.

now after all this other training, i'm still dumb but miserable as hell

(and lots poorer)

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom