Mike goes through the new KISS Go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t understand exactly what this is for, if the al80 on your back is dil and bailout, what extra does it do for you. Is it just a shallow 02 rebreather.

No, its just that your dil/bo is on your back and not on your rb.

If you sling the dil from a JJ or fathom, does it become an O2 rb?

No, its just that your dil/bo is on your back and not on your rb.

If you sling the dil from a JJ or fathom, does it become an O2 rb?
Ok so who is it aimed at, what’s new. You have an Al80 of dil and bailout. What extra diving can you do with it. I wondering what was the idea behind it. What is it for. I know nothing about rebreathers.

O2 goes on the front under the scrubber.

Cells (and likely computer) are being developed by Oxygen Scientific, who I believe are in Germany.
If you follow SumpUK on social media he's been diving them for a while. They also have a completely wireless HUD.

It's all just been in testing up until now though. The sensors are supposed to drop right in where a galvanic would be.
I hadn't heard about these. I wonder if SSS are really going to make as much of a difference as some people say on the internet.
The reliability of galvanic cells seems to be pretty good as long as you track the voltage from dive to dive and change them every 12 or 18 month. After all, these cells are new electronic devices that may or may not be more reliable... and they're 500 bucks a pop and supposed to last for about 5 years.
I wonder how many people actually had a galvanic cells fail inside 12 or 18 month and if any accidents have been due to cell failure or have been a contributing factor.

Poseidon has been using SS for ~10 years and has yet to need to have any of them recalibrated, let alone replaced. They don't even run a veto system just two sensors (off the top of my head).

If galvanics were reliable why are we seeing 4 and 5 sensor heads? But what do I know, I'm not in the RB game just keeping track of where it's currently at.

I'm looking at the small scrubber and questioning that. Hollis came out with the Explorer, although different in being a SCR instead of CCR, that had a small scrubber. Due to some Hollis/Huish merger stuff it lost all support. KISS stepped in and made a CCR conversion for them. My understanding was they were not that popular because the scrubber was too small. Now KISS comes out with a chest mount to add to the other makers chest mounts. But they put the smallest scrubber around in it.

Poseidon has been using SS for ~10 years and has yet to need to have any of them recalibrated, let alone replaced. They don't even run a veto system just two sensors (off the top of my head).

If galvanics were reliable why are we seeing 4 and 5 sensor heads? But what do I know, I'm not in the RB game just keeping track of where it's currently at.
The Poseidon cells are not the same and there are only about 8 people on the planet who use a Poseidon ccr regularly.
Most rebreathers seem to work just fine with 3 cells. 4 and 5 cells don't make much sense to me, especially since in a revo the extra cells are old. And since you have to flush when one or more cells seem to act funny anyways, the 4 and 5 cells heads seem gimmicky rather than having any functional advantage.

The other day I talked to an instructor who's been diving Inspos from gen 1 in the 90s and he said he never had a cell failure. The people I've talked to about SSS seem to be much less excited about them as people online.

I don’t understand exactly what this is for, if the al80 on your back is dil and bailout, what extra does it do for you. Is it just a shallow 02 rebreather.
I agree that this is not something for cave exploration but more for those of us that want to move into CCR but will never be doing deep cave dives, etc. Just watching how loaded down these guy are with a full sidewinder setup makes it seem like more work / less fun. I would be excited to try the GO with my sidemount setup as I could use something much smaller than LP85s. Is there a calculation to determine how much dive time 3 pounds of sorb gives on average?

The other day I talked to an instructor who's been diving Inspos from gen 1 in the 90s and he said he never had a cell failure. The people I've talked to about SSS seem to be much less excited about them as people online.

Never had a cell fail? I’m straight up calling BS.

If they make a drop in canbus compatible cell, I’m extremely tempted to put one in the #4 slot on my chop ; how is that gimmicky?

I agree that this is not something for cave exploration but more for those of us that want to move into CCR but will never be doing deep cave dives, etc. Just watching how loaded down these guy are with a full sidewinder setup makes it seem like more work / less fun. I would be excited to try the GO with my sidemount setup as I could use something much smaller than LP85s. Is there a calculation to determine how much dive time 3 pounds of sorb gives on average?
About the same as a set of 85s on OC.

Back
Top Bottom