Morrison Spring dive report 12/18/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 28th may be good for me - so far the schedule looks clear.

eanxgirl

Glad to see some solo divers.

I am a solo diver instructor with SDI

Can arrange schedule to dive almost any time

I live near Vortex, Morrison And Cypress. I hav enot been to Cypress since 01

Zodiacs are my favortite dive platform. would be carefull going to cypress with it. the last time I tried to get the boat to cypress, I could not get by. Would need to go back and bring the chain saw. I could always get the canoe up there.

Morrison looked good a couple of days ago. Getting showers yesterday and the next couple. Sunday on should be good to dive.

I need to go out and VIP five tanks Friday I may have to pick three up from hydro.

Vortex is a good dive, should plan on doing a day and night dive there.

this year I found a dive light and a great spear head, probably 300 - 5000 years old.

Morrison is bad during low vis, too many very big gators that willnot hesitate to plow you down if you corner them.

Nuttz, what type of students are you taking out and where.

Cassidy is ok for confined water. Vis bad after 15' + lots fo big gators come out in the late afternoon.

Alamo:
eanxgirl

Glad to see some solo divers.

I am a solo diver instructor with SDI

Can arrange schedule to dive almost any time

I live near Vortex, Morrison And Cypress. I hav enot been to Cypress since 01

Zodiacs are my favortite dive platform. would be carefull going to cypress with it. the last time I tried to get the boat to cypress, I could not get by. Would need to go back and bring the chain saw. I could always get the canoe up there.

Morrison looked good a couple of days ago. Getting showers yesterday and the next couple. Sunday on should be good to dive.

I need to go out and VIP five tanks Friday I may have to pick three up from hydro.

Vortex is a good dive, should plan on doing a day and night dive there.

this year I found a dive light and a great spear head, probably 300 - 5000 years old.

Morrison is bad during low vis, too many very big gators that willnot hesitate to plow you down if you corner them.

Nuttz, what type of students are you taking out and where.

Cassidy is ok for confined water. Vis bad after 15' + lots fo big gators come out in the late afternoon.

What do you bring to feed the gators?

Looking at the river level predictions on NOAA, it looks as if Morrison will crest on the 28th, well above a bankfull. You can bet on brown!

Nuttz

What is your student dive schedule?

Don
If you have open water students, you can have them do their swim test. any hungrey gators will be full by the time they finish, lol..

Glad to hear that Morrison is open, I have been told that they had closed. Does anyone have a contact number for Morrison Spring? I am wanting to call and check conditions before taking a class down there.

Thanks

There is no longer a shop at Morrison, its owned by the state and run by the county... as cheaply as possible. Meaning, no airfills, no rentals, no shop, and no hot water.

Bring everything you need to dive, including a flag, its free entry.

You can do a search for jviehe , a member here, he has a link in his signature that keeps dive site conditions as up-to-date as possible with people informing him of different site conditions when they(or he) dives them.

Otherwise, you can check NOAAs river site http://www.srh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/ahps.cgi?tae&carf1

The river is cresting on the 27th now, if it doesn't rain next week, it may be clear-ish by New Years.

Slinger

what type of class are you taking and when?

I live a few miles away

will probably be ther Sun/Mon depending upon air temp.

weekends and afternoons are not a good idea as to the boat traffic for beginners.\

there has been some non locals talking about over stepping their boundries.

People need to understand that the locals have been her for hundreds of years. I go 5 miles from my house and hundreds of thousands of acres are are inhabitated by the same family. their great grandfather ownd the land and when someone wanted to build a house they were given 40 or so acres. I finished a job today that was just that, land received from a great grandfather.

Don't call the law they have their own law here. they may say no beer sales on Sunday, but, I have never had a problem. If you call the law, chances are that whoever shows up will be a son, brother, relative or buddy of who you called them against.

Most people up here grow their own food, hunt to fill the freezer and depend upon fishing for their dinner.

Most divers are arrogant, snob and selfish. I am not saying that any of you are this, just that it will only take a couple fo people to create a lot of problem up here.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom