Morrison Spring dive report 12/18/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think maybe you got the wrong idea from the other thread...

We don't want to be confrontational about how any of the boaters are getting in and out the water, nor do we want the spring for ourselves.

We just want to put a few signs up for both boaters and divers, to inform them of the others presence and let them know there are divers below and that divers need to have flags to let people on the surface know there are people down there... I'm sure the boaters don't want to hurt anyone as I'm sure the divers don't want to be hurt. It doesn't change the fact that both divers and boaters will be using the site, so the traffic needs to be addressed somehow for everyone's safety. Its as unsafe for a diver to go in that water without a surface float as it is for the boaters to haul-butt around the dive flags. Its selfish to think otherwise and I don't think its arrogant to want to address safety issues that affect everyone. I really don't care who owned the land in 1800, its just about 2005 now and the spring is owned by the state, run by the county, and used by everyone.

I'm not flaming, I just don't want anyone to think we are stepping on anyone elses toes.

Alamo,

I will just have a couple of OW students that need to get finished up in mid January (probably the 3rd weekend or so). I do appreciate the heads-up concerning potential problems. It is a shame that some people can not get along.

Thanks

steelslinger:
It is a shame that some people can not get along.

As far as I know, nobody has gotten into any arguements yet - however, some of us are trying to put information out onsite to keep it that way instead of just sitting back and waiting for something bad to happen. If we do nothing, I think problems are more likely.

Its a fun dive, I'd hate to lose access to it.

Alamo:
Slinger

what type of class are you taking and when?

I live a few miles away

will probably be ther Sun/Mon depending upon air temp.

weekends and afternoons are not a good idea as to the boat traffic for beginners.\

there has been some non locals talking about over stepping their boundries.

People need to understand that the locals have been her for hundreds of years. I go 5 miles from my house and hundreds of thousands of acres are are inhabitated by the same family. their great grandfather ownd the land and when someone wanted to build a house they were given 40 or so acres. I finished a job today that was just that, land received from a great grandfather.

Don't call the law they have their own law here. they may say no beer sales on Sunday, but, I have never had a problem. If you call the law, chances are that whoever shows up will be a son, brother, relative or buddy of who you called them against.

Most people up here grow their own food, hunt to fill the freezer and depend upon fishing for their dinner.

Most divers are arrogant, snob and selfish. I am not saying that any of you are this, just that it will only take a couple fo people to create a lot of problem up here.
Could you elaborate on how the situation should be handled in your opinion? I'm a resident of the State that owns the property. I'm a property owner in the County that runs the site. I'm a diver concerned with safety and keeping Morrison open for me to dive. If you've got something constructive that can be used to help the situation I'd love to use it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom