Narrow regs down to atomics b2 or hogs . Any opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Atomics have a couple of irritating issues: 1. the pesky 2nd stage seat saver - makes soaking problematic
2. has no manual predive switch - so when you take the reg out of your mouth in the ocean sometimes you can get annoying big free flows and the 2nd stage adjustment is hard to turn and does not do much

On the other hand the two year service interval is nice.

Adam

What about a din/yoke adaptor ? Any thoughts? I have never use one on a din.

I don't like Yoke to Din adaptor. For my setup, my head will hit the first stage. I will buy Yoke if most of my diving will be with Yoke, ie. rental tanks, vacations. I will buy Din if I have my own tank with Din valves.

Atomic 2nd stage has seat saver design, so you should not soak the 2nd stage while it is not pressurize. This I agree. As for no pre-dive/dive venturi switch, Atomic set this automatically depend on depth. It actually works pretty well for primary. For octo, it could be an issue. I have both Atomic and HOG 2nd. Never had issue with Atomic nor HOG free flow. Both breath the same to me.

Atomic B2 vs HOG really isn't a fair comparison if you consider their price point. I will go with HOG for sure. But between Z2 and HOG, I will have harder time decide. I like both. Atomic may wins with their bi-annual service internval.

I like both. Atomic may wins with their bi-annual service internval.

Hog regs also have a biannual service interval.

What about a din/yoke adaptor ? Any thoughts? I have never use one on a din.

You know, it's almost as quick & easy to exchange a DIN fitting for a yoke fitting, as it is to spin on a Din to yoke adaptor.

Thanks for the opinions . I am going with the Hogs and I will let everyone know how I like them. The way I see it if I don't like them I don't a large amount of money tied up in them and can move them on to someone else easy enough due to good reviews about the hogs. Thanks everyone.

Yeah if your not happy I'd buy the hog for the right price. :)

How long do you have to wait until your actually happy? Because when you are dealing with your yoke primary and octo, I'll be diving doubles, two stage bottles and gauges. And I will be servicing my own gear for the same price. But if you want to pay lots of money for equally made gear then your obvious choice is the atomics.

Right after you pay for them.
PS
By hog criteria mention by (username cerich Equipment Manufacturer) I do NOT sell parts to end consumers, I sell to my dealers. I recommend my dealers only sell to qualified techs.

Addtional criteria:Have attended six manufacturer’s clinics over last 5 years from any life support maufacturer
Be a TDI, SDI or ERDI instructor in good standing (Crossovers available at DEMA)
Have been employed at least six months full time as a scuba repair technician during the past five years

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom