NAUI open water dive certification in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm taking my open water classroom/pool stuff in the States and would like to do my open water in Bali next month. I'm currently doing my classroom stuff with NAUI. I can't seem to find a place in Bali that has NAUI to do my open water to get my certification. Can any of the other agency like PADI or SSI shops certified me?

Thanks much,
Amelia

As far as I know you cannot take classroom lessons from one agency and take open water training dives from another agency in order to get certified. After you get your scuba diver certificate from NAUI, than you can get advanced open water diver from PADI.

You can complete your classroom and pool with NAUI and then conduct the four open water divers at another location. You'll do this as a Universal Referral. Be sure you bring all the forms with you to Bali. Your NAUI instructor should be able to give you the necessary forms. You will complete the dives in Bali (or where ever you go) and then you will return the universal referral paper work back to your initial instructor who in turn will complete the online process with NAUI for your c-card.

This should be a seamless process, however, there are some instructors who are not familiar with the universal referral program. It will be best for you, whom you want to use, to contact the operator to make arrangements for your certification dives before you depart for Bali. This will make things much easier for you.

If you are only doing the classroom, but not the confined water (pool) sessions, with your NAUI instructor you will have to remain with NAUI. If you are wanting to do the confined water and open water dives in Bail my advice is to go through PADI's online eLearning if you cannot find a NAUI instructor in Bali. The reason for this advice is PADI has more instructors around the world than any other agency.

Good luck.

You can complete your classroom and pool with NAUI and then conduct the four open water divers at another location. You'll do this as a Universal Referral. Be sure you bring all the forms with you to Bali. Your NAUI instructor should be able to give you the necessary forms. You will complete the dives in Bali (or where ever you go) and then you will return the universal referral paper work back to your initial instructor who in turn will complete the online process with NAUI for your c-card.

This should be a seamless process, however, there are some instructors who are not familiar with the universal referral program. It will be best for you, whom you want to use, to contact the operator to make arrangements for your certification dives before you depart for Bali. This will make things much easier for you.

If you are only doing the classroom, but not the confined water (pool) sessions, with your NAUI instructor you will have to remain with NAUI. If you are wanting to do the confined water and open water dives in Bail my advice is to go through PADI's online eLearning if you cannot find a NAUI instructor in Bali. The reason for this advice is PADI has more instructors around the world than any other agency.

Good luck.
thanks! this is super helpful!

Back
Top Bottom