Need expert opinion about which regulator to buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with Stu... the dealer will be a more important choice here than the brand of regulator as they will be the ones servicing it. Personally, I have dove regulators from both manufacturers and they all breathe fine! Go with the dealer you trust the most! They should set up and check the regs BEFORE they give them to you. After all, banging around in a box is not conducive to maintaining an accurate IP and cracking pressure. These should be brought into manufacturer's specs before you hit the water. Hearing about new regs which free flow so easily make me believe that this is just not happening. If they are skimping on the set up, where else will they skimp?

As for the cheap shot about it being a "French word", they happen to be Italian and it means the sea. I guess it's far easier to belittle something than to discuss the merits about the products you like!

I'm not disappointed in any way with my Abyss, and it is serviced/tuned annually.(it's not new, BTW, almost 8 years old now) I had the cracking pressure adjusted a bit to help with the free flow when out of mouth, but it still does it easily if I'm not careful with it and the position it's in. I do understand this is just the way a high performance reg is. An adjustable venturi control on the 2nd stage would make a big difference here, but my Abyss doesn't have one.

Back
Top Bottom