Neoprene Wrist Computer Protectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of them.. The one with the cover can help to protect from scratches ...

They rest probably good if u dive dry suit or u dun like the straps that comes with the comp...

Else.. I think as mention... Using old wetsuit and fashion one of it might be a better option

...yeah, really. Oops, forgot the "?!?!?"

Why are you giving the OP grief on his second post instead of welcoming him to Scubaboard?

---------- Post added November 9th, 2013 at 08:50 PM ----------

Go to your local dive shop and see if you can get the sleeve off a totaled wetsuit and make your own.

A beer cozy with the bottom cut off may work too.

The big reason for using something like this is to prevent loss if a strap fails. Here are some images of a DIY version made with bungee and inner tube rubber.

Attachments

• F10-parts.jpg
    F10-parts.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 67
  • F10-arm-bungee.jpg
    F10-arm-bungee.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 65
Thank you Akimbo. That was my thought exactly. If the strap fails, i don't want the computer to just drop off.

ams511 - I've learned that equipment intense hobby forums usually require flame proof suits when entering. I always figured that it was because people spend a LOT of time researching before plonking down cash. That tends to make them opinionated experts who are more than willing to share their wealth of knowledge. THANK YOU FOR WELCOMING ME!

I placed an order. I'll see what I get.

Here is a thread I posted years ago with some additional thoughts:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...s-analyzers/319646-computer-wrist-straps.html

I have since converted the wrist straps to 1-piece Nylon webbing with double-D-rings. I have sewn loops to my suits that hold the instrument in the position I prefer. Please let us know how this works for you.

All those protectors do not protect the crystal of the PDC.
I've seen some one that put a piece of clear PVC curtain over the crystal of the PCD attached to the PDC strap.

I have an elastic string tied to my wristband and tied into a loop I can slip my hand through (similar to those elastic hair bands females use). If the watch band somehow comes undone, this elastic band will at least keep it tied to me. Takes no time to put on or take off, and is never in the way.

I have an elastic string tied to my wristband and tied into a loop I can slip my hand through (similar to those elastic hair bands females use). If the watch band somehow comes undone, this elastic band will at least keep it tied to me. Takes no time to put on or take off, and is never in the way.
Good idea but doesn't work if wearing dry gloves.
I've replaced my strap with bungees. I would have to break both bungees to lose the computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom