New Diver - Which regulator to get? Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hog/epic and use the savings for more gear. If you don't buy hog you are just wasting money.

Hog/epic and use the savings for more gear. If you don't buy hog you are just wasting money.

No, you're paying slightly to a lot more for somewhat better quality. Hog is good enough, but it's hardly the best.

We'll revisit this in 5 years...

I had my $150 epic for 4 years now...

I've had (different) Atomics for 14. What does that prove?

B2 with a sealed first stage without a doubt or a question. You can't compare the B2 (or any Atomic regulator) with the Aeris or any other regulator in the market, they are in a class by themselves for sure.

The B2 I own now was bought about 15 years ago as a B1 and was upgraded to a B2 not too long ago and has been the most reliable regulator I have owned (in addition to the other Atomic regulators I have). I have it serviced every 3 - 4 years. Performance is simply awesome.

You are right to suggest "saving" because I am still diving(rec or tec) with my 16yrs old Apeks.
So how long have you been diving with HOG?

---------- Post added July 11th, 2014 at 02:52 PM ----------

I had my $150 epic for 4 years now...
I will ask you again in 12 yrs time!

hmm, I guess people who buy anything more than a Honda Accord are also wasting money. So as people who dine at any place cost more than McDonald, so as people who fly better than economy ....... I have been wasting so much money

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom