New Member-Gay Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha and welcome to the ScubaBoard where it's all about having a good time.

When I have been diving it has always just been about the dives and what we all see.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Lacking any "public displays of affection", I'm not sure how this would ever even come up. You say, "It is not like we are obvious." If so, I would right that off as a fluke and just enjoy your diving. If it happens more often, then there must be something that is making this situation "more obvious than you think".

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

:clapping:Hi and Welcome to Scuba Board! It’s an awesome place on the internet to meet other divers.
Take care from Matt. :admin:

How sad! Your life style and choices are no one's business but your and your partners...... If your a good person AND a scuba diver, you're ok in my book! :)

Wecome to ScubaBoard...if you ever get to the midwest and want to do please fresh water/quarry diving, please let me know!

Welcome to Scubaboard! As a diversity instructor please be mindful that ignorance is everywhere. By you not participating in activities to avoid those that are not accepting of your lifestyle justifies their behavior. You must tell others how you want to be treated avoidance is not the key. My personal opinion is that the ones that have a problem with anothers lifestyle is because they are insecure with theirs! Really, think about it. How does you being gay affect their marriage and/or relationship? When someone asks you a personal question such as the one asked in Belize you should follow up with a question such as "Why do you ask?"

To answer the original question, there is a gay diving club in the San Francisco area - I think it's called Rainbow Divers or something similar. Try searching Google, or looking through the activities forum on www.craigslist.org .

I am from the prejudice deep south. I have a gay member in my family. Doesn't make me not love them any less. A persons individual decisions can be respected even if you don't agree with them. It's not like they are going to rub off on you.

Gday mate, welcome to the board, its a great place. when i read your post i didnt know why you would specify that youre gay, its just not something I'm used to seeing, especially on a scuba board i thought of all people divers would be open minded, sorry to hear some are not..not many people here in Sydney have to tell anyone theyre gay, a lot are pretty blatant but not very many people mind. i have a lot of gay friends (i work at an airline!) and they are fantastic people, i really hate when people judge because of sexual preference (or anything!), and i agree you should ask why they question you and leave it at that. its irrelevant, and youre a person not a label :) have fun diving and i hope you and your partner meet better people to dive with in future!

Welcome to the board. Be sure to visit the Texas Swamp Divers forum...you're welcome to join us at Twin Lakes or any of the other local dive sites anytime. To be honest, we don't discuss anyones private love lives so I don't see how yours would be an issue unless you make it one.

Come on out and let us get to know ya!

Back
Top Bottom