New Member-Gay Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Houstondiver:
Hello everyone, new member here looking forward to reading the posts and learning from everyone.. Does anyone know of any gay friendly clubs?

In my experience divers, in general, seem to be a happy friendly bunch.

wheezl:
Heck, I even dive with republicans! Some of them are nice people! :wink:

Man, you really are tolerant. :D

In response to the original question though, there's tons of gay diver sites that can be found with a quick search. Some of the ones I found are

http://www.gayscuba.com/
http://www.triangledivers.org/
http://www.gay-dive.com/
http://www.glug.co.uk/

If there was enough interest, maybe you could request your own forum here on Scubaboard.

Welcome to the board.

Marc

I would disagree that most divers are Bi & Large. It is my opinion that diver demographics reflect the rest of society.....Smart asses included. Be safe - Have fun. Ken
QUOTE=SmokingMirror]I'm also curious about this. Divers are like any other group of human beings; by and large fairly decent and tolerant. The only prejudices I've seen since starting the pastime have generally been of the masonic-cliquey-we'respecialbecausewedive type, rather than the homophobic bigotry type.

But welcome anyway, and I'm sure you'll find these boards have much to offer.[/QUOTE]

rmediver2002:
Just out of curiosity how does your private life come up within a dive setting?
?

Yes,
Why is it that many homosexual people these days find it neccesary to wear their sexual preferences on their sleeve? Of course I have an opinion but see no need to air it here.

TheDivingPreacher:
Yes,
Why is it that many homosexual people these days find it neccesary to wear their sexual preferences on their sleeve? Of course I have an opinion but see no need to air it here.

because it's a problem and everytime they try to be "normal" with their partners in public ppl think they're wearing it on their sleeves.

the same when someone mentions he's a preacher. wearing it on your sleeve? or when someone says they're married? do we need to know?

so why if a homosexual mentions he's homosexual, coz it's what he needs or wants to say, ppl feel they know too much and things like that should be hushed?

underwater daphne:
because it's a problem and everytime they try to be "normal" with their partners in public ppl think they're wearing it on their sleeves.

the same when someone mentions he's a preacher. wearing it on your sleeve? or when someone says they're married? do we need to know?

so why if a homosexual mentions he's homosexual, coz it's what he needs or wants to say, ppl feel they know too much and things like that should be hushed?

Whew! Thank-you so much!

All my responses were far less measured than yours.

GrierHPharmD:
Welcome to the board!

As far as lifestyle-oriented groups go, I'll have to chime in with the others about divers being pretty tolerant of each other. Among my local group, the Florida Conchs, we come from a wide range of political/religious/educational backgrounds, but that sort of stuff never seems to surface when we get together. I hope the same environment exists with your local group. If not, come down and do some dives in South Florida with us.

Safe ascents,
Grier
As Greir wrote, the Florida Conch group is made up of a great group of people that many of us consider family. If you are ever down our way, post 'cane season, let us know. We will be happy to take you diving.
Welcome to SB.

Chuck

Welcome to the board. As far as your preference goes that is between you and your partner and nobody else. As far as god goes if that's what you believe in that's between you and him and nobody else. <edit to remove off-topic content>The only ones that seem to care are the old farts that can't get over that it's no of there damn business.
Jason

Back
Top Bottom