New Member-Gay Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, ok,

Welcome! Absolutely there are gay scuba clubs, and if there isn't in your area, don't be shy and start one up! It's an awesome way to meet new people - but don't limit yourself to just one club..there's UW Photography clubs, research diver clubs, big mammal clubs...etc...

Houstondiver:
Hello everyone, new member here looking forward to reading the posts and learning from everyone.. Does anyone know of any gay friendly clubs? I have been in an alternative relationship for 15 years, we are both professional and down to earth. Sometime it is difficult to go on dives where some of the patrons have a closed mind...

I'm confused. If you read most other intro's on the board you'll find that personal life is not mentioned. Yet, you introduce yourself as Gaydiver asking about gay friendly clubs. Of all the dives I've been on (granted I'm a relative newbie) I've never noticed/discussed if the people i was diving with were gay, bi, hetero or otherwise. However, if your initial intro is "Hi, i'm the gay diver" I would say you should expect some negative reactions. Not saying its right by any means but some people don't want it in their face...

That said, I'm also in Houston. I'd be happy to dive with you if you ever need a dive buddy. That is, if you are tolerant enough to dive with a Republican.

I even dive with trolls.

outlawaggie:
I'm confused. If you read most other intro's on the board you'll find that personal life is not mentioned. Yet, you introduce yourself as Gaydiver asking about gay friendly clubs. Of all the dives I've been on (granted I'm a relative newbie) I've never noticed/discussed if the people i was diving with were gay, bi, hetero or otherwise. However, if your initial intro is "Hi, i'm the gay diver" I would say you should expect some negative reactions.

Well stated and was my point exactly. To introduce oneself in such a manner is looking for a response related to the main point at hand. Perhaps the poster would like to help us understand what kind of response it was?

I also would not have a problem diving with this individual, but the intro could be defined as a troll.

Hi,
Welcome to Scuba Board, the friendliest place on the internet for divers. You will meet many informative divers here. Hope you enjoy it here, I know I do!
Take care,
Matt :bang:

Houstondiver:
Hello everyone, new member here looking forward to reading the posts and learning from everyone.. Does anyone know of any gay friendly clubs? I have been in an alternative relationship for 15 years, we are both professional and down to earth. Sometime it is difficult to go on dives where some of the patrons have a closed mind...

Hey buddy - I'm going to chime in here and welcome you to ScubaBoard, the LARGEST active community of scuba divers on the net! Something I've noticed is a little back and forth among some of our patrons regarding the subject of your intro. I'm going to venture out on a limb and say that we have a cross section of divers that are very representative of what you'll find anywhere. There are tall divers, short divers, lean divers, big divers, new divers, very experienced divers, basic recreational divers, technical divers, religious divers, non-religious divers, photographer divers, spear fishing divers, disabled divers, teen divers, retiree divers and yes, even gay divers.

In the few dives in my log book, since I joined ScubaBoard I have had the opportunity to dive with all[/] of the above, and with the exception of the few (just like society) when it came to diving, the only differences were the way they chose to dive (photos, tech, spearo, etc). We're a community within a community because we have one thing in common: A passion for diving and being in and around the water. To me, ScubaBoard provides an extension of my desire to be in the water and as a whole, this on-line community embodies that spirit. It's our cyber-diver time... or for some folks, their SIT. :)

Welcome to the SB community, I'm sure you'll find what your looking for and more as you look around here!! If you have any questions, thoughts, or concerns, PM one of the members with a Staff flag under their name and we'll be happy to help you out. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom