New Member-Gay Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board.....I hope you will find that (as has been said by my esteemed colleagues) most of us on this board, as well as divers in general are pretty open minded (except for the whole DIR thing, but we're not going there).

Once I get my cert, I'd be happy to dive with you anytime our paths cross. Don't let the bigotry of a few stop you from doing what you love. Dive safe! See you around the board.

Idiots abound among us............another of my favorite sayings. My personal feeling is that if it is my business then someone will make it my business, I try to hold to this creed (if you will).

Guess you could of said "what business is it of yours?" but then you would of let the DM drag you to their level.

But i've strayed and haven't even taken the time to greet you and say welcome to our happy little home in cyberspace so HI. Lots of good people here, good times, good jokes and most important good advice.

Welcome and enjoy

Brian

Welcome to the board!

Joe

I was so agitated with the attitude of some people that I for got to say welcome to the board. SB is a great place to share experiances. It is a great place to further yoour education in diving. Sometimes it's just entertaining. Keep posting. See you around.

welcome to the forum :)
try not to dive in gay clubs only, because of prejudice. you'll have just as much in common with het divers as with gay divers. no need to limit yourself.

Welcome to the board!

As far as lifestyle-oriented groups go, I'll have to chime in with the others about divers being pretty tolerant of each other. Among my local group, the Florida Conchs, we come from a wide range of political/religious/educational backgrounds, but that sort of stuff never seems to surface when we get together. I hope the same environment exists with your local group. If not, come down and do some dives in South Florida with us.

Safe ascents,
Grier

Howdy!

I just want to join the others in welcoming you to SB. Hope to get to know you around the forums.

You've had lots of good answers, but since you asked - I'll offer my ideas: If you go with "Don't ask, don't tell," it doesn't matter. However, het couples often hold hands on the beach, on the dive, etc, and maybe kiss on the boat after a dive. That could cause concern in a mostly het boat. IN that case, a gay group trip might be better?

Completing your Profile and seperately - keeping your Dive Info up to date helps in future diving instructions. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don
:pirate:

Houstondiver:
Hello everyone, new member here looking forward to reading the posts and learning from everyone.. Does anyone know of any gay friendly clubs? I have been in an alternative relationship for 15 years, we are both professional and down to earth. Sometime it is difficult to go on dives where some of the patrons have a closed mind...

I haven't bothered to read the rest of the thread (laziness!!!) however I have found in my group there are quite a few silly adolescent jokes thrown around. However I have found the flipside being that the actual outlook of folks (the same folks making the dumb jokes) tend to be very open minded such that they don't care what the other divers do in thier spare time. Well... as long as it is not something that impairs thier diving. :) Good luck finding open minded buddies! Anyone that is bothered by who you are is not worth knowing anyway.

Heck, I even dive with republicans! Some of them are nice people! :wink:

Benvenuto a bordo from the middle of Mediterranean sea. :wavey:

I think that most of the people on this board and lucky most of the diver are generally open minded. We are maybe all a little bit crazy but this is because of the Nitrogen.
People who do not understand and have to say something against are not worth it to know…

Enjoy your stay and be careful :icosm12: can be very addictive :068:

I think you should find a group you like to dive with, and when you are comfortable with them, and they with you, your sexuality should never be an issue. As for outward demonstrations of affection, it's not the sole privilege of any sexual orientation to exhibit the feelings we have for each other. If I can snuggle up to my wife on a dive boat with no one caring, you should be able to do the same with your partner with the same result. If it makes other divers uncomfortable, they have a personal issue. Besides, if they get to know you and respect you as a diver, your abilities in the water should supercede your life choices.
As far as I'm concerned, being a knowledgeable diver and a dependable buddy are paramount. Oh, I forgot. Being a good person too.

Good luck and welcome to the board

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom