night dive tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keyshunter:
In a buddy team dive, do whatever you want, but in any group dive which I led, only the dive leader wears a strobe. In an emergency, it is important to know which of the twenty or so lights scattered across the reef is the divemaster. He, hopefully, knows the direct route to the boat if someone has an equipment problem, is low on air, etc.
A
One thing I've done in the past is make sure that I, as the DM, have a differant colored strobe than everyone else. That way I could look around and easily find all of my divers and they could easily locate and pick me out. I tryed to keep with divers having green strobes, or lightsticks and me always using red.

Knight1989:
One thing I've done in the past is make sure that I, as the DM, have a differant colored strobe than everyone else. That way I could look around and easily find all of my divers and they could easily locate and pick me out. I tryed to keep with divers having green strobes, or lightsticks and me always using red.

Then they just need to make a full face mask/regulator combo that looks like Darth Vader and you'd be all set. Well, you'd need a bigger lightstick but that's every mans problem, what can you do.

What's the price of those product?

They said, "12V SUPER ALKALINE, SIZE 23A." Is this the common batter that we can get? Size 23A = AA? http://www.glo-toob.com/Maintenance.htm

Rondo:
I strongly beleive in a personal marker,I once used glow sticks now I use the LED glo-Toob
glo-toob.com

For a personal use, a UV light is pricey ($50). It looks great though.

Grajan:
We carry a backup LED light each and a tank marker (LED).

We night dived with Doc in Roatan and he had (among a plethora of lights) a UV light that was awesome. The dullest corals became glowing spectacles. I'm going to build one soon. Here is a link to a UV light that is supposed to be rated to 150'..

I work very hard - I have way too few vacations - thay almost all involve diving - I am going to have all the toys I need to do it WELL....

That's my rationalization - I have drawn the line at a rebreather - so far... :eyebrow: ...

hoosier:
For a personal use, a UV light is pricey ($50). It looks great though.

Grajan,

I am sure you work very hard. I work very hard, too. But, I am not always enough to afford $50 for the tank marker. Most divers had better stick to $10 UK mini beacon with a life time warranty. It is just my generalization.:wink:

Got our wires crossed. The $50 is for a UV light for looking at flourescence! No way I'm paying $50 for a tank marker.

hoosier:
Grajan,

I am sure you work very hard. I work very hard, too. But, I am not always enough to afford $50 for the tank marker. Most divers had better stick to $10 UK mini beacon with a life time warranty. It is just my generalization.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom