Nitrox with RR Key Largo question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @rhwestfall

I have not been to Key Largo for quite a while. I dived frequently with Ocean Divers before they were purchased by RR. Dive times were an hour. Are you saying bottom time or dive time is 45 minutes with RR?
It was a few years ago, but yes, every time "pool is open" was announced, it also included "be back in 45 minutes"...

I did not know that, it would be disappointing. Can someone who has dived with them recently comment?
I dove in June; 44 min, 48 min, 38 min.
In March; 48 min, 46 min, 45 min, 61 min :) , 52 min

Yes, they tend to keep the dive time at 45 minutes.

Disappointing for shallow reef dives. In 24 dives on the Spiegel Grove, my avg dive time was 44 min.

Disappointing for shallow reef dives. In 24 dives on the Spiegel Grove, my avg dive time was 44 min.
I think it's the price to pay for the convenience they offer. Probably get longer dives from someone like Quiescence

When we dove with RR, the two dives per outing were only 45 minutes in duration each (captain's rules). There wasn't enough time/depth to even be considering rich mixes.

I've only dived CRD thus far in Key Largo and they open the pool for "about an hour" and most of my dives were right at or a few minutes over 60.

No way I'd use an op there that cut such shallow dives that short... that's 25% less diving....

@CajunDiva I've seen at least 4-5 different posters point out the 45min limit from RR, and the first time I saw that it kinda shocked me... what's the secret to getting on the RR boat that always allows the dives to be 60 vs 45?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom