Oceanic Delta regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ctiedt

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a great opportunity to buy some used Oceanic Delta regulators, but was trying to figure out what model it is. Anyone know how to go about identifying which model they are?
Also how available are spare parts for any/all of the models?
Last question: any models to stay away from and/or don’t work well in cold water?
Thanks!
Chris

The first stages will have a badge on them. None will be a Delta.
Seconds it will be on the faceplate and they were the only thing that was actually designated Delta.
Oceanic made a number of delta designated second stages. First stages had a different designation. CDX5, FDX10, etc.
The CDX5 is one of the best 1sts that Oceanic sold. Sealed diaphragm with decent hose routing for singles and doubles. You can still get service kits for it. I used a pair of them for several years with singles and doubles. No turret so for sidemount find something else.
The Delta second stages are another matter. It depends on what delta it is. There was a delta, delta 2, 3 and 4. Kits are hard to find but they are out there. Oceanic sold out to Huish and they stopped supporting the older ones. The servicing of these is a pain in the ass to me compared to barrel type seconds like HOG and Deep Six. The nylock nut that is used to set the lever height can be finicky and if you go to far, you're not supposed to back it off. They told us when I did my Oceanic reg tech class to use a new one and be more careful.
The biggest issues I saw with them were the covers. They get stiff and disintegrate. I tossed my Delta III/GT3 seconds when I got the chance and used either Sherwood or HOG seconds on the CDX5's until I went all HOG.
Getting them serviced could be tricky. You'll have to find an Oceanic dealer or do them yourself. If they don't need rebuilt and they are cheap enough, you could use them until they die and then throw em away.
If they are Delta 1, or 2s I'd not waste money on them.
Not when you can get adjustable balanced seconds that you can get parts for and service yourself for around a $100 each.

Thanks for the information! I appreciate it! I asked for a few pictures of the regulators and this is what I got just a little bit ago…. They said they are at least 10 years old, but I know they have been taken care of.

Attachments

• 27096329-B568-4D66-AFAA-972BADC795A9.jpeg
    27096329-B568-4D66-AFAA-972BADC795A9.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 99
  • F8FFB889-8044-4A3E-AD40-044B8B74B8FA.jpeg
    F8FFB889-8044-4A3E-AD40-044B8B74B8FA.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 98
  • B7D030FF-80A5-4F0B-B090-5FDEF6177749.jpeg
    B7D030FF-80A5-4F0B-B090-5FDEF6177749.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 76611510-4C3E-4A42-9878-DB97BEF4AE76.jpeg
    76611510-4C3E-4A42-9878-DB97BEF4AE76.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 109
"Delta" only refers to the second stage, and that is an old Delta. From the pix, I can't tell what the first stage is, but it is definitely not an FDX and may not be a CDX5. The alternate second is cheap, some think junk. Run-of-the-mill console. Ask the seller for a pix of the first stage from the side view, that shows its shape. 10 years old? More like 20, I suspect. Part swill be difficult. The price better be really good.

Thanks for the information! I appreciate it! I asked for a few pictures of the regulators and this is what I got just a little bit ago…. They said they are at least 10 years old, but I know they have been taken care of.
You will not be able to get kits for that 1st. The octo is junk. I wonder why he didn't send you a photo of the front of the primary? Cracked perhaps or because it would give the actual age? Unless you are an Oceanic tech with parts in stock, you'd be best to pass on that. Unless you want some fancy paperweights. And tursiops is right. 20 plus years old going by the top badge on the 2nd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom