Oceanlog 2.3.0 SUCKS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alberto, not sure if you would even be able to say anything (NDA, etc), but are you using an external library or have you been given protocol / memory layout information from Pelagic? When I asked Ron at an Oceanic regulator service course I took, he made it clear that in no uncertain terms they were not interested in giving out that information...

Curious...

Alberto, not sure if you would even be able to say anything (NDA, etc), but are you using an external library or have you been given protocol / memory layout information from Pelagic? .......

I can't say anything about this right now.

What I can say is that we have been working - a lot - with Oceanic for the past ~4 years and we have simulators and online classes for most of their dive computers.

Alberto, not sure if you would even be able to say anything (NDA, etc), but are you using an external library or have you been given protocol / memory layout information from Pelagic? When I asked Ron at an Oceanic regulator service course I took, he made it clear that in no uncertain terms they were not interested in giving out that information...

Hah. Sounds like the MTA in NYC. Awful with technology, yet when developers used their data and sometimes maps for iPhone apps, the MTA sent cease and desist letters. So they offer crap, but don't let others improve it.

That's some awesome news! Can you say if you will be able to download dives direct to the iPad using the camera USB kit? If you need iPad beta testers I'm your man :)

Alberto, I have the Pro Plus 2.1 (metal buttons) and found the online class very helpful (kudos to Oceanic for including this with the purchase of the PDC.)

Looks like your October 2011 for Windows Full/Nitrox is soon enough to get me excited to obtain a copy, but will just about be the end of the diving season.

Thanks again for tackling this issue. BTW, a A5 sized PADI type printout would be nice. User defined output through user selected fields would be even cooler. :D

DiveNav,

I am either confused or dense, or both! I had the impression that DivePal was a "training" tool.

From the bits and pieces from this discussion, am I now correct in understanding that DivePal is a tool for downloading and storing info from a DC? Come November my choices for downloading from my XR-2 or Veo 2 to my Mac will not be limited to MacDive but will then include DivePal?

Bil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom