OceanLog beta version 2.1.4 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick:
Hey Doug,
What 'puters will it work with. XR3's maybe?
oops .. let me see ..

... it's not one that's listed in the scroll bar under "computer" so .? I don't know, sorry

First time through, quick feedback:

1) When I tried to change the PDC model and Serial number (for manual dives not on computer), the program quit completely.

2) First time scrolling through the dives one at a time, the program asked if I wanted to save changes whether I had made any or not.

3) Location/Dive site disappeared on 2 dives

4) Working pressure and cylinder size disappeared on 3 dives

Otherwise it looks exactly like the older version...I couldn't see any obvious differences.

Ok, so should we make a concise list of what we see somehow???? I can't add anything to it but old dives at this point. Nothing on the brand new XR2 yet.....

CheddarChick:
Hey Doug,
What 'puters will it work with. XR3's maybe?

As I recall, you have an AERIS XR-2... an update to the AERIS program will follow once we get through this beta process.

As for Oceanic Dive Computer compatibility:

VEO (150, 180, 200, 250)
Versa Pro
GEO
VT Pro
VT3
Pro Plus 2
ATOM 2.0
DataMask

A previous post found in HELP (for ATOM 2.0, DATAMASK, GEO and VT3 only) refers only to the display of user-defined set points (alarms, etc.).

Thanks Doug,

By the way for Vista 64 bit version we need a new x64 bit USB driver. The one on the website will not work because it's unsigned and Vista now requires all drivers to be signed.

-Bryan

Doug Krause:
Did these just go away upon opening the log in 2.1.4 - meaning the data was there previously, now just missing in the new program? Or, did it disappear after scrolling through the dives?

Thanks,

Doug

The data was there before I downloaded 2.1.4.

After I downloaded the beta to my desktop, all the dives were automatically transferred to 2.1.4. As I scrolled through each dive, I noticed the omissions so double-checked that the information was there previously by looking at my laptop (which has a copy from the desktop).

Then when I downloaded 2.1.4 onto my laptop (which has VISTA) the same information disappeared when I scrolled through the dives on the laptop.

Does that make sense?

My two suggestions are:
1. Have a button to "save". Many times I have lost information that I manually updated or entered because there is nowhere to make sure that the information is "saved". This is fairly standard in any windows based program.

2. When you press "dive" in the "Dive Log" it automatically takes you to the first recorded dive. I would like to suggest that it should take you to the last recorded dive instead, or at least provide you the option somewhere.

Specmac:
Thanks Doug,

By the way for Vista 64 bit version we need a new x64 bit USB driver. The one on the website will not work because it's unsigned and Vista now requires all drivers to be signed.

-Bryan

Vista by default requires signed drivers, but you can get around it easily. On boot hold your F8 key, choose the option to allow non signed drivers, presto bango you're good to go now.

A signed driver would be nice of course, but not needed if you know how.

Back
Top Bottom