OceanLog beta version 2.1.4 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsevern:
I'm trying to do an install on a Vista 32 machine. Fresh install of Vista.

OceanLog installed with no problems. However, I can't get the drivers for the USB interface to load.

Could someone provide a step-by-step of how to get the USB drivers to load under Vista32? Thanks in advance!

Oceanic havent got around to issuing Vista USB drivers yet, so I went elseware.

I have done some instructions for installing 64 bit drivers.
The same driver should work for 32 bit.
Let us know.

http://www.tjengineering.co.uk/USB.html

Rockbrother:
I am so glad I only work in metric

I still have the followig bugs
Win Vista
2.1.4 build 07.19.07

The temperature readings in the dive tab is incorrect. I get values ranging from -23 to 0 deg C. It also does not help to manually change and save the correct value. The correct value is dislayed in the table.

I have found that when any change is made in Ocean Log (I was adding the cylinder size) and changes saved, it corupts the min temp reading.

I posted this question as a separate thread, but thought I'd ask here as well, since I know a lot of folks follow this thread:

Due to a crash, I have upgraded to Vista32 and essentially 'started from scratch' as far as Oceanlog goes. No issues on install or drivers, however, when I try to import dives from my ProPlus 2, the import software only 'sees' the last 3 dives. There are 5 dives in it that were done since the PC crashed and was reloaded and there are 10 dives in it, total. I'm able to see all 10 dives on the consoles history, but the import software only thinks it contains the last 3 dives I did.

Any ideas? Just as a test I was going to install the software on my laptop and see if it sees all 10 or just the last 3.

dsevern:
I posted this question as a separate thread, but thought I'd ask here as well, since I know a lot of folks follow this thread:

Due to a crash, I have upgraded to Vista32 and essentially 'started from scratch' as far as Oceanlog goes. No issues on install or drivers, however, when I try to import dives from my ProPlus 2, the import software only 'sees' the last 3 dives. There are 5 dives in it that were done since the PC crashed and was reloaded and there are 10 dives in it, total. I'm able to see all 10 dives on the consoles history, but the import software only thinks it contains the last 3 dives I did.

Any ideas? Just as a test I was going to install the software on my laptop and see if it sees all 10 or just the last 3.

I had this hapen to me. I just unpuged the lead from th PC pluged it back in and tryed again.

Which Drivers are you using?

Also
Have you tryed creating a new log, then importing from the dive computer.

Yea, I tried unplugging and re-running the import. Same thing.
Even installed the software on my laptop running XP where I had never installed any oceanic stuff before and got the same result as on my Desktop running Vista.

Almost would seem to indicate it's a problem with the interface or the Pro Plus 2 itself.

I used the latest/greatest drivers from FTDI under Vista and the drivers from the Oceanic site for XP. Either way, same results.

Anyone have any other ideas? I'm a bit stumped here.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is it possible to manually insert a dive in the middle of the downloaded dives. For example I download dives 50-61. But one day in the middle I didn't wear my computer (don't ask). So I really did dives 50-62 so I need to insert a dive at 56.

Tank Size: 100cf
Rated Press: 3442 psi
Start Press: 3200 psi
End Press: 600 psi
Dive Time: 39 minutes
Average Depth: 57.1 ft
SAC = 1.938
Huh?
... so what happened to the SAC calculations? .. not taking depth into consideration?

If I enter the very same info on an older dive page that shows a correct SAC figure, I get .77 for the above

I have manually entered all my dives made before I started using the Pro Plus 2. I'm unable to print hard copies of any of them. Same for the one "guage" mode dive I made. All the Pro Plus 2 "normal" dives print. Is there a way to print these dives, or are they not supported for printing? If they are not supported, it would be nice for that feature to be added in the next version.

RE the SAC rate calculation: I noticed the same problem. Save the dive, exit the program and then restart it. That's what I found works for my logs. It's a workaround, not an ideal solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom