OceanLog beta version 2.1.4 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

psenness:
RE the SAC rate calculation: I noticed the same problem. Save the dive, exit the program and then restart it. That's what I found works for my logs. It's a workaround, not an ideal solution.

This hapend to me on an erlyer version, I found instaling the latest version over a previous version did not work corectly, I had to completely uninstall the program and then reinstall the latest.

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/software/Oceanlog_2.1.4_beta3.zip

Version 2.1.4 Beta 3 (Full)
Build 07.19.07

Make sue you backup your database first.

love2fishfork:
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is it possible to manually insert a dive in the middle of the downloaded dives. For example I download dives 50-61. But one day in the middle I didn't wear my computer (don't ask). So I really did dives 50-62 so I need to insert a dive at 56.

Just add a manual entry, the software should automatically sort the dives according to the date.

Ok, that worked , thanks Goast .. I did have to try downloading it three times, It seems that if I put it back in C drive where I had it before, it would do the same thing, and when I checked the date, it was the old one (this after removing the old version before installing new one) I did this two more times before I tried putting it in different partition on my hard drive .. It works now, proper SAC rates and somehow has all previous dives too

D_B:
Ok, that worked , thanks Goast .. I did have to try downloading it three times, It seems that if I put it back in C drive where I had it before, it would do the same thing, and when I checked the date, it was the old one (this after removing the old version before installing new one) I did this two more times before I tried putting it in different partition on my hard drive .. It works now, proper SAC rates and somehow has all previous dives too

I suspect you have Vissta installed, Vista has a habit of backing up uninstalled programs in hiden folder:
C:\Users\User name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files...................
if you reinstall the program it uses these files.

Glad you have it runing, hopfully they will have this problem fixed in the final version.

Here it is...

We're looking for the rapid and quality feedback that we've grown accustomed to here on ScubaBoard prior to releasing this latest version.

This is a significant update with editable starting lifetime dive number, MS Vista compatibility, and a whole lot of other details brought to our attention by users here on SB.

I appreciate everyone's patience while we put this together. Please post any comments to this thread; I'll do the same as additional modifications are made.

http://files.oceanicnet.com/Software/Oceanlog_2.1.4_beta3.zip

<EDIT: Link updated with latest revision; release date 7/26/07>

I have the same problem with Beta 3 that I have with the current released version of the software.

As soon as the software starts I get the message stating "You do not have the appropriate license to use this functionality".

I am running Windows Vista Business and I have UAC (User Account Control) within Vista turned off and am running the software as an administrator.

I have been running Windows Vista since its release and do not have any other application that refuse to run under Vista with the exception of Oceanic/Aeris software.

I am a corporate software developer and quite familiar with Windows Vista.

It appears as though your developer's are using an old ActiveX control for which they failed to provide a license file (usually with a .lic file entension) within the install.

This is the same problem I get when running the released software under Windows Vista.

If you developer's wich to provide a debug version I would be more that happy to run that version of my PC so they can capture any relevant information while the application tries to start up.

This problem occurs when using the Oceanlog 2.1.4 Beta 3.

The Window Vista Application Event Log contains only two entries relative to OceanLog. Both are from the installation.

*********** First Event Log Entry ***********************

Log Name: Application
Source: MsiInstaller
Date: 9/9/2007 2:48:49 PM
Event ID: 1033
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: ------- Blanked out by me
Computer: ----- Blanked out by me
Description:
Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Oceanlog 2.x. Product Version: 2.1.4. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 0.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="MsiInstaller" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1033</EventID>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2007-09-09T18:48:49.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>25826</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Ron-B2</Computer>
<Security UserID="---------------" /> Blanked out by me
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Oceanlog 2.x</Data>
<Data>2.1.4</Data>
<Data>1033</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Binary>7B39313633413945432D394343352D343242422D423634372D3533303935314332414443327D</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

*********** End of First Event Log Entry ***********************

*********** Second Event Log Entry ***********************

Log Name: Application
Source: MsiInstaller
Date: 9/9/2007 2:48:49 PM
Event ID: 11707
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: ------- Blanked out by me
Computer: ----- Blanked out by me
Description:
Product: Oceanlog 2.x -- Installation operation completed successfully.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="MsiInstaller" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">11707</EventID>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2007-09-09T18:48:49.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>25825</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Ron-B2</Computer>
<Security UserID="---------------" /> Blanked out by me
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Product: Oceanlog 2.x -- Installation operation completed successfully.</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>(NULL)</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Binary>7B39313633413945432D394343352D343242422D423634372D3533303935314332414443327D</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

*********** End Second Event Log Entry ***********************

Well, thanks to Doug Krause putting me in contact with Oceanic Tech Support, I got the answer on why I could only download the last 5 dives even though I could see more stored in the Pro Plus 2 "logs". You learn something new everyday!!!

The Pro Plus 2 has 2 "memories".
The log book memory and the download memory.
The Log Book memory will store the last 24 dives. It's "first in, last out" memory.
The Download Memory is 256kb and the number of dives it can store is dependent upon your sampling rate.

Hence, the other dives shown in the logbook memory have been "pushed out" of my Download Memory.

Oh well. Guess I'll just have to enter what data I can from the log memory.
Also, guess I'll be shortening the sampling rate from 2seconds to 15 seconds.

David in tech support suggested that if you don't anticipate being able to download after each day of diving, especially if planning LONG dives, up the sampling rate to 30 secs.

I am using Version 2.1.4 - Built 07.19.07

The issue I have is that when I open Ocean Log, all the pull down menus are the right size, and work, but the text is all missing. The work around is to open a second instance of Ocean Log which allows the pull down menus to show the text.

What I'm looking for is a fix. Anyone have any ideas?

Reinstalling didn't fix it.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom