Oceanlog, HELP!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yogi6407

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all! Well here is another problem with Oceanlog that I want to see if anyone has any info that may help. When I first get my laptop, I downloaded Oceanlog and everything worked fine for about 6-8 months. Sometime this summer, I started having problems with the program when trying to download dives from my computer. The log book would work fine, I could look at everything but when I try to download dives from my Atom3, it locks up. Nothing has changed, same dive computer and same laptop. I even tried updating the version with no luck. I removed it from my laptop and re-installed the latest version and still it will bring up the screen that asks if you want to download or manually add a dive. I select download and it puts the program down to the menu bar and locks up. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix? Thanks.

I had similar problems with Oceanlog. It seemed to me that it was a problem recognizing the download adaptor. When I insert the USB connector into the computer BEFORE I selected the download option (and made sure the computer actually saw it) it worked more consistently.

Mine did the same thing after the last update. Apparently there is an ongoing problem with Oceanlog. Recommendations from many others led me to purchase Diving Log 5.0. Sux getting all of the info into it the first time and the set up is a little different, but I like it and there have been no issues since the download (8 dives and logbook updates).

Try replacing the battery. It probably doesn't show low but when you are downloading it draws more power.

Thank you all but I can't even get to the screen where I can test the connection or tell the program to go ahead and download. As soon as I select the computer and select download, it locks up,

---------- Post added October 23rd, 2013 at 08:57 PM ----------

I do have Diving Log 5.0 but cannot import my dives if I cannot get them downloaded into Oceanlog.

I do have Diving Log 5.0 but cannot import my dives if I cannot get them downloaded into Oceanlog.

I have been able to import straight from my Atomic 3.1. Here are the steps I take:

1)Plug the USB adapter into the USB port
2)click File, Download, Downloader.
3)Fill in the make and model of the computer.
4)Click next.
5)Attach the dive computer to the adapter
6)click download

It will download all dives in the dive computer. You'll get the screen with all of the dives logged in the dive computer where you can choose which ones to save. If you have an Oceanlog .bak file you might import that first and then download from the watch so you don't have to recreate dives you've already detailed in Oceanlog.

Good luck!

I also import directly to Diving Log 5.0 with my Veo 2.0

I had a similar issue with my VEO 250. I had to delete/uninstall everything (upgrades/drivers/all of my back up files). Once that was done I was able to reinstall everything and it worked fine. One thing to consider before doing this might want to make an excel file of all of your dives. I don't rely on Oceanlog at all after that happened. I now have an excel file that has all the pertinent information of every dive I made in case Oceanlog goes haywire again and I lose everything. I tried reinstalling it without deleting the backup files but still had the same issue. Hope you get your issue resolved. I know how frustrating it is having to re-enter all of your dives over again (in my case ~100).

Thank you all but I can't even get to the screen where I can test the connection or tell the program to go ahead and download. As soon as I select the computer and select download, it locks up,

Listen to Pjhansman said before you download/delete anything. I have the same problem if I don't follow the correct configuration. Does it freeze up if you have no cables plugged in? try it with no usb cable plugged in until the pop-up appears and lets you "test" the connection (do not have the Atom plugged either). If the pop-up screen says the test was successful, then clamp it onto the Atom and begin download. Once in a while it does not work and I will have to force shut down Oceanlog and restart it.

I'll have to try USMCMcG's method for uploading my Atom to Diving Log 5.0. It was not compatible when I first purchased/installed Diving Log.

I have been able to import straight from my Atomic 3.1. Here are the steps I take:

1)Plug the USB adapter into the USB port
2)click File, Download, Downloader.
3)Fill in the make and model of the computer.
4)Click next.
5)Attach the dive computer to the adapter
6)click download

It will download all dives in the dive computer. You'll get the screen with all of the dives logged in the dive computer where you can choose which ones to save. If you have an Oceanlog .bak file you might import that first and then download from the watch so you don't have to recreate dives you've already detailed in Oceanlog.

Good luck!

Thank you USMCMcG!!!! This worked like a charm. I guess I should spend a little more time with Dive Log 5.0 seeing what all it can do. Thank you again for the help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom