Octo vs. Pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CIBDiving:
You're right - I'm rarely too busy to debunk DIR BS.
Keep on trucking...you are doing such a marvelous job of it.

jonnythan:
With all due respect, you don't get it. At all. At all. I'm afraid that you never will and you will continue attacking us, without provocation, for a long time to come. This makes me sad.

I'm afraid I do "Get it", I've been hearing the same thing for almost a decade now. It's just that I know it to be mostly bogus. That line - "attacking us" is a very good example of what I "get", the Them verses Us thing. The DIR cult made themselves different, they reveled in it "Don't dive with Strokes" eh? They want to be other than 'scuba divers'.

Look at documentation on the cult mentality, take a fair and honest look.

CIBDiving:
I'm afraid I do "Get it", I've been hearing the same thing for almost a decade now. It's just that I know it to be mostly bogus. That line - "attacking us" is a very good example of what I "get", the Them verses Us thing. The DIR cult made themselves different, they reveled in it "Don't dive with Strokes" eh? They want to be other than 'scuba divers'.

Look at documentation on the cult mentality, take a fair and honest look.
Bitterness doesn't become you.

CIBDiving:
are you over 21 yet?
Why do you ask? Your the one that seems to be happy about your "fishing"

Let's not resort to personal attacks, children.

jonnythan:
Let's not resort to personal attacks, children.
Well, truthfully, I would love to here what he has to say about DIR. I am sure that he would provide an very insightful view on the subject.

JeffG:
Well, truthfully, I would love to here what he has to say about DIR. I am sure that he would provide an very insightful view on the subject.
He has said volumes on the subject thus far, in this thread and others.

jonnythan:
He has said volumes on the subject thus far, in this thread and others.
Well he has said lots, but he (so far) has been short on specifics. That is what I am interested in.

JeffG:
Why do you ask? Your the one that seems to be happy about your "fishing"

I ask, and this is not meant as a personal attack, because you seem rather childish in your responces. You, so far, have offered nothing of substance to the discusion.

No, in this case, I'm not really trolling. I take issue with the DIR "cult" mentality. The influence it's had on training and skills I have no problem with, indeed, if it makes for a safer 'average' diver than it's not a bad thing. But I don't feel it's an all or nothing thing, in other words -
I'm not going to drink the koolaid and you can't make me :tongue2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom