Open Water Dives were today, and I Failed, yet passed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will tell you that I have an amazingly supportive dive partner and a wonderful instructor. I met my future instructor just a couple of weeks ago. I have already flooded my mask and tried to clear it but there was to much activity in the pool so I surfaced. I am doing it without regulators right now. I am going to get my PADI and I WILL dive, there is no way that I am not. Just scared the heck out of me. So do you dive now or did you decide to give it up?

I don't dive yet, as this just happened this last weekend. 11/9/2002 On that day I Was giving it up. Was going to get the PADI Scuba Diver which means have to dive with DM or Instructor, but it was looking dim that I would dive again. After a day of thinking about it, along with all the support from this board and the local divers listserve I am proceeding on. Without having more than 2 days since this event I am planning the new dives. Working on it this week in the pool (on my own) and then having pool dives to learn the Dry suit for the make up OW dives I will probalby get to work on it even more. May try some other masks to see if they make it any easier if so its just another bonus to boost my confidence in succeeding. The earliest we could do it would be 2 weeks from now, but needing to learn how to use the dry suit its probably more likely it won't be till the end of the month of next month. We will see, but yes I am currently planning and working on getting over this ordeal and certified. After that who knows, my original plan was to go on to Adv. OW so I'm sure that I will still do that as well as try and get some fun diving in.

Well Will, if you are ever in Canada and want someone to dive with look us up. Like I said I will be certified sometime in the new year.

cobaltbabe once bubbled...
Well Will, if you are ever in Canada and want someone to dive with look us up. Like I said I will be certified sometime in the new year.

Coolies, always good to know people to look up/hit up when I'm in the area. If you ever come down my way (Oregon) look me up as well. Not too sure of places to dive, but I know who to ask, and where to look for info on places to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom