Pack so light you come home with less?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am one of those that RTMan refers to as "getting away from it all but bring it all with them" in some ways. I like my $10 coffee maker, a clean T-shirt and undies every day, etc - and I enjoy wearing my favorite souvenir Ts on dive trips.
We modify it for diving, of course. I check most of my dive gear, which usually weighs in around 37 lbs. My carry-on contains all my clothes for the week (lightweight synthetics), flip-flops, my regs (in a reg bag), mask, dive computer, a couple books, travel towel, and toiletries. This way, if my checked bag is lost or delayed, I have everything I need with me to enjoy my vacation.
That dive bag may get heavier every trip. You'll want to add more toys, but I do pack as much dive gear as possible in my roll-on only the first day of clothes. I'd rather buy new clothes once there than use rental gear or do without some of my own gear. I don't know the airlines' current policies but they used to allow the airport claims agent to authorize $100/day for clothes and other needs untilt they found your bag. I once came back from a Windjammer cruise with $500 free clothes. Beware International liability limits, tho; see my SIG. :eyebrow:

I am one of those that RTMan refers to as "getting away from it all but bring it all with them" in some ways. I like my $10 coffee maker, a clean T-shirt and undies every day, etc - and I enjoy wearing my favorite souvenir Ts on dive trips.

FINALLY, a man with some sense when it comes to packing!!! I like the way you think Dandy Don!

FINALLY, a man with some sense when it comes to packing!!! I like the way you think Dandy Don!
Well, TY darlin - wanta go divin'...?

Nice profile pic, is that really you...??

Attachments

• NCL.jpg
    NCL.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 30
You bet! My better half and I are headed to Roatan on July 10th. Fantasy Island is waiting...come on down!!!

P.S. The profile pic is much more interesting than the real deal :blinking:

Okay this is getting way off topic but DOn brought it up ... my definition of a good vacation is one where I don't gotta wear underwear. That saves lots of weight :D

TOO MUCH INFORMATION...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! :rofl3:

You bet! My better half and I are headed to Roatan on July 10th. Fantasy Island is waiting...come on down!!!

P.S. The profile pic is much more interesting than the real deal :blinking:
Wish I could. Would love to do FIBR again and you two sound like fun. Better pic now, btw. :thumb: Too close to my Yucatan week tho.
Okay this is getting way off topic but DOn brought it up ... my definition of a good vacation is one where I don't gotta wear underwear. That saves lots of weight :D
You were heavy undies? I actually checked one pair on an antique postal scale my local postmaster gave me: less than 2.5 ounces. So I could save 1.25 pounds? Nah, I like clean, cotton undies.
TOO MUCH INFORMATION...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! :rofl3:
We're all divers here.

smilies-5050.png

You were heavy undies? I actually checked one pair on an antique postal scale my local postmaster gave me: less than 2.5 ounces. So I could save 1.25 pounds? Nah, I like clean, cotton undies.

OK, at the risk of going even farther off topic (too late!), I dislike cotton stuff for travel, except maybe for T-shirts. Cotton holds moisture, and to me feels damp all the time in the tropics.

If you are a boxers kind of guy, try these. PRODUCT: Mens Give-N-Go Boxer (1241-0016) CATEGORY: Bottoms
You can buy them at REI. They are expensive, but AWESOME (well, as awesome as a pair of boxers can get):11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom