Pictures of how primary is attached and cord is stowed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, thanks everyone. This has been extremely helpful. Pics, vids, the whole bit. I'm going on my first night dive tonight. Exciting! I don't have cave line, etc. to make the proper attachment points, but I'll get some so that I can rig my light up correctly. I'll make due in the mean time. One question:

Why have two different ways to stow the light? Why not just always stow it with the light head pointing down?

Wow, thanks everyone. This has been extremely helpful. Pics, vids, the whole bit. I'm going on my first night dive tonight. Exciting! I don't have cave line, etc. to make the proper attachment points, but I'll get some so that I can rig my light up correctly. I'll make due in the mean time. One question:

Why have two different ways to stow the light? Why not just always stow it with the light head pointing down?

Its more streamlined to park it with the light head "up", but its useful on gas switches or when writing in wetnotes or whatever to stow it temporarily with the light head pointing down.

If you try to stow it with the light head pointing down and you're in a cave and you go through some restrictions, you'll beat it up.

OTOH, if you park "head up" during a gas switch, you'll blind your buddies...

Having the light hang down from the back also lets it swing around a lot, which is not ideal topside if you value the fragile HID bulbs. That EOS is probably a lot sturdier.

Who cares? The picture shows how to secure a canister properly. He didn't post the picture to a DIR thread asking about hose routing or transmitters...

Good Lord...

Kettle, I have a pot for you to meet :D

LOL, this coming from the guy who can't help himself and needed to comment on tank boots and stage mesh coverings (in a thread about canister lights). Awesome contribution back at you.

No I agree with Lamont. There are plenty of DIR rigging pictures that don't have to have the canister light examined in isolation from the rest of the gear shown in order to meet the terms of the subforum. Yes the light is correct, the rest of the picture is a mess.

Yet instead of posting a helpful picture or making a helpful comment, you pointed out irrelevant (to the OP's question) aspects of the photo? Nice.

I took a couple of pictures while gearing up for a dive yesterday. Thought they might help.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom