POLL: Do you regularly carry a emergency signaling device ?

Do you regularly carry an emergency signaling device ?

• No, or only in certain situations

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • Yes, only a safety sausage

Votes: 47 47.5%
  • Yes, a strobe or battery operated signaling device

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Yes, a safety sausage and a battery operated signaling device

Votes: 33 33.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not use any if diving my local waters. Here off Catalina you generally exceed recreational diving limits pretty close to shore so you are usually close to the boat or shore when you surface. When I travel, I do carry a safety sausage but have not had to deploy it yet. I thought I came close on one dive in Palau (Ulong Channel with a swift current) when I got separated from the group due to a fin coming loose, but I ended up at the same spot the other divers and boat were at the end.

safety sauage, whistle, mirror and backup dive light on every dive. they get clipped / stowed on our bcs at the start of the week and stay there. no reason to remove them.

I carry a light, nautilus lifeline, sausage, dive alert and a whistle on every dive

It all depends on where I am. SMB is the most common. If I'm traveling to a place that is a bit riskier (say where divers have been left behind), then in addition to a Lifeline, I'll have a PLB (looking for a cannister to hold it). I just keep all my stuff in a pouch that straps to my leg.

SMB (or two) and a few bright flashlights. None of the stuff I dive far from shore. If I did I'd consider a Nautilus or similar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom