• 41 - 50 lbs

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • 51 - 60 lbs

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • 61+ lbs

Votes: 51 29.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started with 100lbs (3 cold water divers), then found some more over the years at the local training spots. Sometimes I find the owner (almost always an integrated weight pocket), sometimes not and the stash continues to grow. Last time I counted, 140lbs.

I have bunches of dive weights, (mostly used for doorstops, tie-downs and other things now that we're warm water pretty fish travel types). The more you dive, the longer you stay at it, the more that accumulates. Friends quit and give it to you, etc. When Gander Mountain decided to divorce from SCUBA, we bought it for 25¢ a pound. It does accumulate over the years.

Each and every weight is stamped (cheap die stamps from Harbor Freight) with metric and standard weight, also the Pounds were also stamped in decimal, ie: #3.75 and 3-3/4 and 1.7 (for metric). This makes it a lot easier to do the math while on the beach. We occasionally go for a thrash in the local pond with friends who are new divers.

As for a total? Help me do a story problem :doctor: with the math....

(112.76# of dive weights)
+
(At 230 grains of lead per cartridge, at 50 bullets per box, 10 per case... I have about 22 cases of .45 ACP ammunition)
+
(42 completely loaded magazines for her Glock, each which hold 33 rounds of 9mm ammunition at 124 grains each)
+
(and 1 9mm cartridge already up the pipe in the Glock 18)
=
____# of lead?

I have 22 lbs total. 4 x 4lbs, 2 x 2lbs, and 2 x 1 lbs. all soft weights. I will dive either 20 or 22 lbs with a 7 mm full and hood, gloves, and booties with AL 80's. I dive heavier when add vest underneath.

When not used for diving the weights sit on my son's basketball hoop to help keep it in place. Unfortunately they spen more time there than in the water.

I was looking in my bag today. I think it's 52 lbs. yup, all for me. This tank those pieces, that tank those pieces. Oddly enough on a boat dive someone will pick a piece, today I borrowed ankle weights (don't judge, I don't own them). And what I couldn't believe was that the dive guide borrowed some of mine.

I once owned about 50lb, combination of soft lead short and coated hard weight. I don't need them all, I just picked them up when I see good deal on craigslist, and thinking one day my girlfriend start diving, she will have enough weight too. She never get into diving. So I sold off most the lead shots. A friend also drop 10lb in Breakwater area. Now I have about 20+lb only. More than enough with SS backplate and single tank. For double, I am planning to get 8-11lb of v-weight.

None. I dive singles, doubles with wet and drysuits. I use SS plate and steel cylinders.

I have about 30 to 40 Lbs. Somehow we always use my car and someone leaves a weight. Only about 6 lbs of this has seen water in the last 10 years.

Enough to take care of the people who really p*#s me off. Bullets don't weigh much.
04.gif

Read the whole thread to see if someone else had the same reply.

Maybe 50lbs. I've bought and sold a bunch over the years (soft, solid, homemade, etc).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom