• 41 - 50 lbs

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • 51 - 60 lbs

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • 61+ lbs

Votes: 51 29.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Started with 28#, had to add 4# in ankle weights. With a little more experience I dropped the ankle weights and then took off another two to be at 26#.

Met up with an instant buddy and transferred gear to my truck. Got to destination and he had left weight in his vehicle and we had to go and rent some.

Came across about 60# of hard weight at my Mom's when cleaning out the garage. Added it all to my collection so if ever my buddy does not have weight, I do.

I have...

Soft weights

5 lbs X 12 = 60 lbs

4 lbs X 2 = 8 lbs

3 lbs X 4 = 12 lbs

2 lbs X 8 = 16 lbs

2 lbs X 2 = 4 lbs (ankle weights)

1 lbs X 2 = 2 lbs

Total = 102 lbs

Hard weights

2 lbs X 1 = 2 lbs

3 lbs X 4 = 12 lbs

10 lbs X 1 = 10 lbs

2 clip on weights @ 2 lbs each ?

Total = 28 lbs

Grand Total = 130 lbs

IMG_6188.jpg

All of these weights were found on Craigslist @ $ 1.50 or less per pound.

I got 34 pounds worth of two pounders for putting into integrated weights to make me sink in a 13mm drysuit. I also found 16 pounds of lead sheeting in a river once while snorkelling so I cut that up and wrap it around straps and stuff as trim weights.

28 lbs. of lead shot.

2-2 lbs.
2-3 lbs.
2-4 lbs.
2-5 lbs.

I typically use about 18-20 lbs. diving freshwater with a 7mm wetsuit and AL80's. So my variety allows me to adapt from time to time.

I own no lead weights. In my tropical vacation diving—which is all my diving these days—I also wear no lead weights. But even if I did need them, I would use the weights supplied by dive operators. The guys I dived with last week practically begged me to wear some weights on the first dive, "just in case."

I have about 90 lbs to 120 or so . my kids and I dive dry and they think my house is a dive shop so I provide tanks weights food and beds and they provide their cheery selves as dive buddies. I always get the better end of the deal

I own something over 450lb, depending on how much of it customers have dropped/taken home by mistake in trim pockets/eaten/whatever it is they DO with all that lead. The irony? In salt water, with a 3mm suit, 3mm hooded vest, neoprene pocketed shorts, steel backplate for single or twinned Al80s, or with sidemounted Catalina C95s, I use... No lead. And I'm still overweighted.

Last edited:
I'm probably running around 300 pounds.....I collect fishing weights during dives and melt it down into scuba weights.....eventually gonna have to sell some I guess cause I only need 12 pounds here......

I've bought so much used gear on Craigslist, people who are selling just want to get rid of everything. I have never paid for an ounce of weight. I have over 100lbs, and that's after I just sold 30 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom