Regulator for Twin and cold water...Which one??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sonny_PL

Reaction score
Well, that's my problem...I need to buy two regulators for ma Twin..and that is a problem for me, becouse I don' know which one to choose...I need them for a very cold water,( some thing about Two degree Celsius - Baltic Sea is cold :D ) and I don't wan't them to freez (that is obviousl :) )
I'm Thinging about Apex TX/ATX 50 or Poseidon Jetstream, but meybe You know some better regulators ?? And What do You think about those two regulators ??
I'm counting on Your opinion...

Sonny_PL:
Well, that's my problem...I need to buy two regulators for ma Twin..and that is a problem for me, becouse I don' know which one to choose...I need them for a very cold water,( some thing about Two degree Celsius - Baltic Sea is cold :D ) and I don't wan't them to freez (that is obviousl :) )
I'm Thinging about Apex TX/ATX 50 or Poseidon Jetstream, but meybe You know some better regulators ?? And What do You think about those two regulators ??
I'm counting on Your opinion...

I've had good luck with Aqualung regulators in cold water. i have an Legend LX supreme and a Titan LX glacia and niether of them has ever frozen on me.

I also think with those kinds of temperatures you need assume that you will eventually get a freeze up and practice your valve drills frequently. Double regs don't help you much if you can't shut off the free-flow.

R..

The Sherwood Blizzard is another model designed for use in very cold water. I don't know how it compares, but it is an option and I have seen the 1st stage sold separately, so you can buy an extra for use on doubles.

derwoodwithasherwood:
The Sherwood Blizzard is another model designed for use in very cold water. I don't know how it compares, but it is an option and I have seen the 1st stage sold separately, so you can buy an extra for use on doubles.

Ordinarily I would agree with you but Sherwood has virtually no presence in Europe and their regulators are expensive to buy and expensive to get serviced over here. I wouldn't see this as a good option for someone living in Poland.

R..

apeks atx50 with DS4 first stage. Fantastic reg, reasonable price.

The Poseidon is a good reg. If the Xstream is not much more than the Jetstream I would recommend that. I have used it and it is absolutely bulletproof in the ice water. Why not get one of each?

Poseidon Xtreams. They’re amazing regs. Plus they don’t need the plastic anti-freeze caps like the Jetstreams do.

Back
Top Bottom