Regulators "which one"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you make coments like...
DVW1726:
I'm pretty much a salt water diver so I probably will never use nitrox.

It makes me wonder how you come to conclusions like

DVW1726:
I think these two companies build the best regs

Im not saying the second coment is right or wrong but if you are bassing it on the same source of infomation as the first coment then I think you should do a little more research.

I love my Scuba Pro Mk25 / S600 - checkout www.scubatoys.com they have the best deals.

Compatible with Nitrox up to 40%

I am sure you will love it too.

IMG_0442.JPG

IMG_0443.jpg

DVW1726:
I appeciate everyones input, I'm pretty much a salt water diver so I probably will never use nitrox. But I heard the same thing. Nitrox and titanium don't mix well together over 40%

Hi, Nitrox can be used in fresh or saltwater my friend.

Here is a link to a video about Nitrox from Padi.

I've never used nitrox and probably never will.

I'm sorry, I don't believe nitrox is available at the places I dive. So more then likely I'll never so it. My Bad

Never say never.
I have not used Nitrox. And its not something I plan on using anytime soon, but when I buy equipment I make sure that its nitrox compatable because I dont want to go and have to but it all again in the future.
My LDS has just started doing Nitrox fills for $20 plus $390 for the course. For the diving I do I cant justify spending that sort of money on it (at the moment).

DVW1726:
I appeciate everyones input, I'm pretty much a salt water diver so I probably will never use nitrox. But I heard the same thing. Nitrox and titanium don't mix well together over 40%

HUH? here to!!! what has saltwater to do with the potential use of nitrox???? you need to help me along there!
otherwise, yes i would agree titanium and high O2 levels dont mix very well. i would also agree that titanium is more a "gimmick" for the diver with toooooo much money that has it all. if you need to lower your equipment weight, there are better points to start.

H2Andy:
personally i think titanium is a gimmick, and you get nothing for your money

those are both great regs. i'd go on price and service availability near you

I agree with Andy about Titanium being a gimmick.

I like the ScubaPro, in fact, it is not only the reg I use, it is the one I bought for my daughter.

Jeff

Packhorse:
My LDS has just started doing Nitrox fills for $20 plus $390 for the course. For the diving I do I cant justify spending that sort of money on it (at the moment).

20bucks is rather excessive (to say the least), so is $390 for a "simple" (say beginners) nitrox course! i am used to fills between $6 to 10 and course prices in the range $200 to 250. u can find both cheaper, depending on area.

Yes, I know you can use nitrox in salt water. I should of said I've never seen it on the boats I've dived off of in Cancun, but thats not to say it's not avaliable. My Bad

What kind of water temp are you going to dive in? That is important.

Using a top of the line reg is kind of useless to me if you dive in good conditions. (like florida)

I bought an Apeks XTX-200 but here I have to dive year around in a 14mm torso 7mm arms wetsuit...if I could I would have bought the ScubaPro but there is a slightly higher possiblity of freeflow (freeze) than with the XTX-200 ( and I got it cheaper :D)

If I were you Id go with the Delta4 its a great reg and its OCEANIC, the brand tells it all. I tell you I wasnt too sure at first about Oceanic, their prices were too low (smelled like a catch, sorry Cerich but thats what first crossed my mind),

but I bought a oceanic Chute BC and the quality of the product just amazed me....the harness was better than my friend's OMS / BP harness(old model) :D I WAS WAY HAPPY!

I dont know much about Titanium but looking at the odds I'd count it out. Why Titanium when the others make the job perfectly.

thats my point of view

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom