Regulators "which one"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been around diving for 27 years and I've used just about all of them. I just like the Scubapro and Atomic the best. All regulators will get the job done, some are just better then others.

I considered the Oceanic Outrigger BC. The knighthawk seemed simpler. My dive computer will be an Oceanic Atom 2. I dive mostly in the Cancun area. As far as titanium I just thought it would be lighter for travel and less corrosive in salt water.

sp def has nice regs, so does atomic.
i like to keep it simple and use the same for my tech and rec diving. after years of poseidon and many sp regs, i came down to apeks tx100 (never tried the never ones) and mares abyss. simple, reliable and yet waiting to give me a prob even on "extreme" dives (400ft+). i used atomic and liked it, i rather have others to come up with results at this kind of conditions. i just dont feel like the guineapig :)!

DVW1726:
I dive mostly in the Cancun area. As far as titanium I just thought it would be lighter for travel and less corrosive in salt water.
it would be lighter obviously, less corrosive (as compared to brass - chrome plated i dont know and dont wanna judge on) but is it really worth the price to you? if you can answer that yes!!! without a doubt, go ahead!

Titainum is possibly less corrosive than chrome plated brass, but that's a lot like saying your Ferrari is faster than your Calloway Corvette. Given that with reasonable maintenance, chrome plated brass first stages hold up in service for 30-40 years, how much more corrosion resitance do you need? I guarentee if you never change the oil in your Ferrari, it will be slower than that average mini-van in a year or two.

DA Aquamaster:
Titainum is possibly less corrosive than chrome plated brass, but that's a lot like saying your Ferrari is faster than your Calloway Corvette. Given that with reasonable maintenance, chrome plated brass first stages hold up in service for 30-40 years, how much more corrosion resitance do you need? I guarentee if you never change the oil in your Ferrari, it will be slower than that average mini-van in a year or two.
Yes, it's twice as expensive. It was just a thought. I could use the extra money towards other dive equipment.

Packhorse:
When you make coments like...

It makes me wonder how you come to conclusions like

Im not saying the second coment is right or wrong but if you are bassing it on the same source of infomation as the first coment then I think you should do a little more research.
Yes, I know you can use nitrox in salt water. I've never seen on the boats I've dived off of in Cancun. But, also thats not to say it's not avaliable down there. My bad. Also I've been around diving for 27 years and I have used Regs from Sherwood, US divers, Dacor, Cressi sub, Mares, Apex, and Scubapro. Always had better luck with Scubapro plus I never heard anyone say anything negative about their Regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom