Rock bottom & SAC rate calculators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spatman, thank you for these, and thank you Lynne for pointing us to them. I'm new and trying to get enough information to keep diving a long time. These should help immensely.

hello, everyone

i just wanted to let you know that the SAC/RMV and RB calculators have been re-launched with a new look:

DiveNerd

any feedback on display errors or mathematical mistakes is always appreciated.

thanks!

ps - i could still use some guidance in fine-tuning the metric Rock Bottom calculator before i post it for public use. if anyone is well-versed in gas planning using metric units and is willing to help, please contact me.

Attachments

• rb.png
    rb.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 99
  • sac.png
    sac.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 106
Thanks so much for these. I really could have used 'em about two months ago (not your fault) but I'm ecstatic to have found them now. I have a mathematics learning disability and this was going to cause problems for me if I chose to go much into tec diving or into advanced nitrox or into DM training. Thanks Again!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a big deal for me. Thanks!!!!!!

Thanks so much for these. I really could have used 'em about two months ago (not your fault) but I'm ecstatic to have found them now. I have a mathematics learning disability and this was going to cause problems for me if I chose to go much into tec diving or into advanced nitrox or into DM training. Thanks Again!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a big deal for me. Thanks!!!!!!

i'm glad the site is helpful!

just a reminder to everyone that the Rock Bottom calculator is for recreational open water profiles only. deeper tech dives or dives in overhead environments are not represented in those equations.

maybe i'll add those in someday, though... :crafty:

any feedback on display errors or mathematical mistakes is always appreciated.

I was ran something simple to check the math and noticed something weird.

Seems that you actually divide the depth by two for the first stop. I put in 66FSW to make the math simple, and it set my first stop at 33 feet. Any reason you don't round to the nearest 'even' depth? Doesn't much matter to the bottom line, but it just looks weird.

Thanks for sharing.

Seems that you actually divide the depth by two for the first stop. I put in 66FSW to make the math simple, and it set my first stop at 33 feet. Any reason you don't round to the nearest 'even' depth?

i split the max depth in two for the first stop to make the equations simple. i probably could round it to the nearest 10ft stop, though. let me look into that. thanks for the feedback.

quick update:

added a Nitrox MOD calculator to the site as well.

also curious to know if anyone using a Blackberry device to view the site is having any problems.

thanks!

I am coming back on this interesting subject. The link to the metric calculator does not work. Can you send me a valuable link or the spredsheet by MP? Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom