Sherwood Brut poppet seat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tatarman

New
Reaction score
Hi everybody, we have Sherwood Brut regulators in our dive center in Turkiye. The last time we ordered bunch of service kits and unfortunately the second stage poppet seats doesn’t last long like the original one. They easily get torn and pressed. The new ones are like rubber and the old ones are made from silicon. Is that the reason? Is anybody have similar issues?

Also, is that correct TUSA rs1207 seat poppet is identical like the Sherwood one? anybody can confirm that? Maybe we should order TUsA ones if the material and quality better.

Thanks in advance!
Burak

Hi everybody, we have Sherwood Brut regulators in our dive center in Turkiye. The last time we ordered bunch of service kits and unfortunately the second stage poppet seats doesn’t last long like the original one. They easily get torn and pressed. The new ones are like rubber and the old ones are made from silicon. Is that the reason? Is anybody have similar issues?

Also, is that correct TUSA rs1207 seat poppet is identical like the Sherwood one? anybody can confirm that? Maybe we should order TUsA ones if the material and quality better.

Thanks in advance!
Burak
Ok after little search TUsA LS seats won’t work for Sherwood because they have a hole in the center but Sherwood doesn’t have. Original seats of Sherwood was blue and is there anywhere to get them? Any lead? Thanks!

I guess that it's a second stage. If the TUSA seat has a hole, that means it's for a balanced second stage. The Sherwood Brut second stage is an unbalanced second (the Brut Pro is balanced), so the seat is blind. I guess any unbalanced second stage could fit.

I guess that it's a second stage. If the TUSA seat has a hole, that means it's for a balanced second stage. The Sherwood Brut second stage is an unbalanced second (the Brut Pro is balanced), so the seat is blind. I guess any unbalanced second stage could fit.
The problem is I can’t find for any unbalanced style, mostly with hole. Do you have any link for replacement part supplier other than Sherwood?

Take a look at the Trident catalog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom