sky/scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After serving a great nation and having been paid to sky dive and scuba dive and a lot of other cool stuff, I can say that if you have the money to do it, just remember to sky dive first!

PADI has the Heli Diver specialty, PADI Heli Diver Scuba Course.

This course is the civilian qualifying course for helo-casting or
deplaning (hover exit) from a helicopter for both rescue swimmers
and Search & Rescue Divers for the SCUBA industry. It is also
designed to give divers an insight into what para-rescue divers
and Navy Seal Teams do as part of regular helicopter based
operations. At the same time, it gives divers an adrenalin pumping
experience they will never forget !

I wonder if PADI instructors for the course would let me pack my SIG Sauer P226...you know, to give me insight into what the Navy SEALs do.

I’ve been out for awhile but I don’t think we are sending in dive teams to Afghanistan. Of course, I am sure there are plenty of Dive qualified guys sitting in the desert right now. It can never be said too much-thanks for being there.

There may be a possibility that a Taliban cell had moved to an area near the Persian Gulf.:eyebrow:

I wonder if PADI instructors for the course would let me pack my SIG Sauer P226...you know, to give me insight into what the Navy SEALs do.

Maybe they would let you take an H&K P11 so you could do some udnerwater shooting...except H&K claims the P11 does not exist so getting one might be hard.

There may be a possibility that a Taliban cell had moved to an area near the Persian Gulf.:eyebrow:

True-But I thought we already won that one - I recall 'Mission Accomplished' or something to that effect.

Got to love HALO... Now I'll be accused of being too macho again. :rofl3:

Maybe they would let you take an H&K P11 so you could do some udnerwater shooting...
skip the HK, they a trip to teh factory to be reloaded, a APC ( APS underwater assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) would work as well, and likly be cheaper.

i would think most skydiveing places are going keep there DZ as far from large bodies of water as they can. getting tangles in the risers and canopy are a real hazard in a water landing.

i would think most skydiveing places are going keep there DZ as far from large bodies of water as they can. getting tangles in the risers and canopy are a real hazard in a water landing.

Some of the most famous drop zones in the world are very close to large bodies of water! Click on this Google Maps link of Oahu's Drop Zone to see just how close. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom