So, I have to ask...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha:
Really! That is too cool. Do you have a web site?

I do, but I need to update it since I'm re-opening my home-based salon once I move in a month or so. I'll post the link when I've revamped it.

trucker girl:
How in the world do you get your wetsuit on? I guess a 3 mil is doable! Do you ever put on a 6 mil? I can barely get my 7-6-5 on with my stubs! No way would real nails (or, worse, FAKE nails!) survive! I'm jealous!

Well, I've had the 'fill in' nails for about 10 years now. About as long as I've been a diver. So they have kinda grown with me. I was very nervous about them in the beginning, but now they have become an extention of my fingers..so to speak. :winky:

I don't recall ever putting a 6 mil full wet suit on ~~but I think I did wear a 6 mil shorty once in Coz if there is such a thing. :)

trucker girl:
Why do we keep coming back to the topic of nails? Is this some subconscious lashing out at a certain way of thinking. Oh- I shouldn't even have brought that up- and I won't explain it! If you know what I'm talking about you know what I'm talking about! I just think it's funny!

:deadhorse:

It HAS been suggested that my name is really pronounced "NetDork"... in fact there is a website where it is published as such. :D

Natasha:
Well, I've had the 'fill in' nails for about 10 years now. About as long as I've been a diver. So they have kinda grown with me. I was very nervous about them in the beginning, but now they have become an extention of my fingers..so to speak. :winky:

I don't recall ever putting a 6 mil full wet suit on ~~but I think I did wear a 6 mil shorty once in Coz if there is such a thing. :)

I get the nails once in a blue moon when I need to remind myself that I'm a girl. I NEVER paint my real nails... it doesn't last (chips off) and I can't stand the look of chipped nail polish! Plus, I may not bit my nails but I do clip. My job just requires too much hands on to keep them long. Natural nails just aren't strong enough! Maybe someone else's but not mine! The acrylic nails are strong enough- I keep them so short that the nail tech always gives me a strange look. I cannot have them past the tip of my fingers or I will go to do something (close a door, pull a ratchet, whatever) and my finger will slip and the nail will get caught and the pain... oh the pain! So- they are really, really short when I do it.

I do it for color only. If you saw the pics of the grease under my nails in the WWW-DDS thread you can just barely make out the half-moon remnant of my last acrylic fix. I had them through the 1st two-weeks and instead of filling, I had them removed. I just don't have time. Plus I hate going to new places all the time. Some places use cheap stuff and it shows!

There, Net Doc... aren't you glad you asked?

NetDoc:
It HAS been suggested that my name is really pronounced "NetDork"... in fact there is a website where it is published as such. :D
LOL I think I remember seeing that. :winky:

Maybe I can be Dorktasha? Kinda has a sexy evil ring to it, don't you think?

Back
Top Bottom