So what do you wear under your wetsuit???

What do you wear under your wetsuit???

• my birthday suit

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • dive skin

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • regular underwear

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • spandex shorts

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • swimwear only

Votes: 43 58.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by martinjc
I wear a pair of lycra bicycle shorst under my wetsuit. (in basic black). I think Texas Mike suggested this approach sometime last year when I was just getting started.
:nuts: Gee...I didn't know I was a fashion leader.... :tease:

For the guys, you can get some decent swimwear and other things that work well under wetsuits at www.undergear.com

But I am thinking of breaking down and purchasing a .5 mil dive skin pretty soon. Now that I'm working on my DM cert, I need something to take the edge off of the rough pool bottoms. Otherwise my knees will look like warmed over hamburger!

Originally posted by ninja
I only go naked ( COMMANDO) under the old wet suit!
Sometimes I kinda wish western society wasn't so funny about naked bodies. All the black spandex does is not make it that obvious (Dee...stop staring!) but still doesn't leave that much to the imagination. And it would be nice sometimes to shuck out of the wetsuit, dry off, and slip back into dry cloths.
(Don't make me charge you 25&cent for the show!)

In most cases that enough.

I try to waer the suit itself under running water, where possible. That, of course, makes wearing the thing much easier.

Ari :)

but I think I'm going to start wearing either spandex or a speedo under the shorts. So when I change into the wetsuit, I can take off the shorts and just wear the speedo. I'm getting tired of un-bunching the shorts from my crotch every time I put on the wetsuit. Then when I get out of the wetsuit, I will put the shorts back on and noone has to see my *parts* practically on display.:)

Mike

I currently wear a pair of spandex running shorts under my suit. I have tried the diveskin but did not notice a huge difference in getting the suit on and off. Actually my new Henderson Gold Core suit goes on easier without the dive skin. I am going to try a pair of the Henderson lycra skin shorts on my next trip and see how those work out. They are supposed to have some sort of band just above the knee to keep the shorts from rolling up as you put on the suit. I'll let everyone know how this works out when I post my Dry Tortugas trip report. 6 days until we leave and I can't wait.

:mean:
Just a swimsuit, that is all.... nothing more or less.

:mean: Rich

I choose spandex shorts on the polls, but they're actually Lycra bicycle shorts. I've tried swimwear, but you either need very short swimwear or ya have to do alot of tucking to keep'em from bunching. I do have a skin on order though. It's getting harder to find just a simple lycra skin these days. Everybody's selling these .5mm and 1mm suits ($$$).

Fleece (Trilam or Polartec) adds some great wamth under a 7 MM 2 piece...(diving off Maine, etc.)

It's also great all by itself when diving in the carribean.

[It's a step above a lycra skinsuit or diveskin -- and it'll protect your knees from the poolbottom better than a skin]

Under the skin? A speedo...

I am following the rest of the crowd here.

Swimsuit only.. I have to be careful when i take off my wetsuit though.. My trunks tend to be all bunched up.. almost looks like a speedo! =)

As for my wetsuit.. I wouldn't mind getting a skin if it helped.. I've scraped my darn knuckles enough pulling that thing on and off!!

@#$Q#$# =)

Paul

Back
Top Bottom