State Boat Harbor Crime and My Fun Day in Court

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
My paperwork they gave me after posting the bail, (bond?) says "illegal parking--no sign required."
hey, I have been going to that boat ramp for three yesrs and I did not know you could not park in the extra long stall, meant for a trailer.

What boat ramp is this - is it Waianae? How are you supposed to know if there is no sign there? Well, a good thing to know since I myself had no idea you couldn't park in those stalls.

The District Court staff is a different breed of people over there - seriously. Talk to anyone in a downtown law office and they will roll their eyes at you when you mention District Court.

ItsBruce:
4. Earlier in the day, a felllow wanted to challlenge a speeding ticket (70 in a 35). His "defense" was that his car couldn't go that fast given the distance from the last light where he had been stopped.

My wife sucessfully used this one...it was a 73 Super Beetle...no way it was going that fast unless it was dropped from a plane...that and there was guy who was blowing past her at the time who the cop didn't stop...hmm... :D

Chepar...it was on sand island access road (Alex boat)

but...all the state boat ramps are like that, even in Hawaii kai.

and then go down to city satellite hall in Hawaii Kai and the cops all park their choppers on the patio outside the window. seriously....on the sidewalk...you have to walk AROUND them to enter City Hall.

bwerb... my favorite defense in Cali was that I thought I was being chased.
another good one is that your husband beats you if you get a ticket. kidding.

Lisa was telling me that they gave her one at a light for having the shoulder part tucked under her arm. (seatbelt)

Now, that is some aggressive police work!

Catherine:

What your x got was what is called a "fix it" ticket. If he brings in proof of insurance, the ticket generally gets dismissed for a $10 processing fee. Most insurance companies, at least in California, provide two copies of the proof of insurance, one for the car and one for the wallet. That way, even in a borrowed or rented car, you have proof. Besides, the rental paperwork generally has proof of insurance.

I always have the insurance card in my own car, but usually not my wallet....and we all drive each other's cars around here. Yes...he got it taken care of.

You parked in a trailer spot WITHOUT a trailer? This used to drive me nuts sometimes at Waianae, Kaneohe, Sand Island or Hawaii Kai on weekends trying to park a truck and empty trailer.
The only reason that this serious crime calls for prison time is because Hawaii does not execute people who commit particularly heinous crimes like this. Clonking a few heads on the kapu log would get the word out quickly.
The excuse that it was not posted is no defense either. It's intrinsic local knowledge right there with pronouncing "Like-Like" correctly.

I had the thought that if we parked two cars front to back and tied them together, then one would be a trailer!
I forgot to tell you why you got a ticket and I don't want to post it here. Call me later and I'll tell you and no it's not cuz your blonde:D

WC, Now, don't go getting cynical...

Mr Winters, the lot was empty! Yes...I did get my first bench warrant though.:D

Bruce, pretty crafty you slickster--hey, you aren't an LA attorney, are you?

No realy, I know why....

Back
Top Bottom