Suggest A Camper Trailer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Points taken.
I am no compulsive buyer. :wink:
I usually enjoy camping with my tent but thought would be comfortable to get my own trailer. I understand that the weight will dramatically affect the performance of my towing vehicle. Has anyone around here been using a popup trailer?

Do you mean around here as in OZ or just here on the forums. My trailer is or was a pop-up. It got flooded by hurricane sandy :( but my insurance covered it plus some :)

It's a lot like camping in a tent as far is insulation is concerned. It gets hot when its hot out and it gets cold when its cold out. The comforts of the beds and sink/stove are what really set it apart. Also if you get stuck in a long rain storm it is much more comfortable to sit inside and play games or whatever than a tent. You can get an AC unit and furnace in them but since you dont have a lot of insulation they have to run a lot more than in an insulated trailer.

I really liked my pop up and I am looking to get another one in the spring. This time I will get one with AC.

there are alternatives to regular pop-up campers such as a High Low - which is basically a pop up that the walls slide up and are hard sided (so no canvas to deal with) - or can get a small travel trailer. the big issue is what kind of towing vehicle do you have since that will play a major factor- another issue is STORAGE of the trailer

I went with a 96' E-350 ford extended van with a stand up height top ....10,000lb tow rating, 7.4 Diesel it gets 18-20 mpg highway and only has 115,000 miles on it :wink:... Has a bench seat that folds out to a full size bed, fridge w/freezer, nice size sink and running water from a 20 gal water tank... 2 burner gas stove and a microwave/convection oven.. Travel port-a-pottie... Heat and A/C... 220v gen-set.... It's the cats meow.... I got a aluminum box I built that goes in the tow hitch receiver that I'll put the 13 zodiac with 25hp in.... No trailers to pull or parking place to worry about... All the dive gear sits inside out of sight... I've got about 7 grand in it..... But did all the work myself as far as adding the water/elec and kitchen... Going to add a outside shower to it... then it'll do it all...
:shower::sleeping2::vintagediver::eat::cuddles::auto:

It has made going diving a dream.... myphone 517.jpg

Jim

Love my weekend warrior toy hauler :)

just watch out of "light weight" trailers- they are usually made of lighter materials and fall apart.

also get the biggest trailer your truck can pull- u can never have enough room.

307843_2154850029938_1691529771_n.jpgpost-24510-1326213627_thumb.jpg

Looks like a lot of tongue weight on the camper, Or is the pick-up air ride? Nice toys....:wink:

jim...

Looks like a lot of tongue weight on the camper, Or is the pick-up air ride? Nice toys....:wink:

jim...

yeah has a lot of tongue weight on the front bedroom models- i didnt have any air in my helper bags either in this pic.

picking a trailer is a long process- dont always buy the first one you look at. if buying used -there are alot of things owners can do to hide things wrong with them; and if you dont know what to look for; you wont notice them until u get it home. So bring a friend that owns one with u when you go look at one.

happy camping thou. if u have never pulled one before- not be scared- they pull easy. just make sure u have good tires on them- dont cheap out on tires. maxxis 8008 (i think thats what they are) i have found to be some of the best tires for these trailers.
the two masters I have on my boat trailer are crap.

Good luck

At my age, it's all about comfort.....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom