Suggestions for Bali dive trip with non-diving wife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a "Yoga shack" located within "secret garden resort/Big Fish" which is located in front of 2Fish, nearby Pondok Baruna garden and also not very far from Indiana Kenanga. I woudl'nt be surprized if TigerLilly resort provides some kind of Yoga courses too, check out with them.

No worries about getting to your hotel in Lembongan: Scoot cruise gets you to your hotel in a 4wheel truck in Lembongan. That's why it's would be better for you to select Scoot Cruises as the speedboat operator, a little more expensive than the others but maybe a better service.

Got a similar issue non diving wife. One place that hasn't been mentioned is Candidasa. For your wife she has lots of choices in good accommodation, great restaurants and good massages.

For you Padang Bai is close by 20 minutes, the islands off Candidasa are great and it is an hour drive to Tulamben/Amed. All spots mentioned are great for diving. I think as you like Macro Tulamben and Pandang Bai would be best for you so Candidasa would be ideal. You could even stay your whole trip there and just do day excursions.

I don't stay there normally I stay next door at Matahari Dive resort but in Tulamben have a look at Mimpi Resort. Mimpi Resort Tulamben (Bali): See 95 Reviews and 109 Photos - TripAdvisor Bit upmarket for me but great for the wife. I took her to Matahari and after she had walked around a bit didn't I cop it. In the end I moved to Mimpis to make her happy and used Matahari's dive shop. Why. $10 a tank and you can go out by yourself without a hassle plus I know the guys and feel comfortable with them.

Oh yeah your wife if like mine would hate Padang Bai. It is a crap hole but really good diving. I like it but my wife gave me the "really" look when I showed her :). Needless to say we moved the next day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom