Technique goals for 2007?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well this year I plan to start diving more with a DIR style :11: so throughtout the year I want to improve:

Trim
Situational Awarness
Kicks
Holding my hands still
Anything else that comes up

Can't Wait!

Well, I certainly don't want to spill any beer, but JeffG already said that. :D

My goal is to acquire some vintage gear and learn to dive "vintage" ... no BC, for 1 thing. My current hero is Nemrod. :god:

How to get all my gear out of the house and into the van without my wife noticing.

Improve my photo techniques. I want to add a 2X or 3X diopter and turn my 105 into an underwater microscope and take just rediculous macros. Taking half-a-rice kernel and filling the frame. That kind of stuff.

Nothing about my diving facinates me more than getting home and pouring over the life that is in a 3 or 4 square in patch around my subject. Its just amazing stuff.

The diving things I'm fine with. I can float, I can drop, I can get around without drooling on myself. I don't get lost, and I don't make a mess of the dive site. I can valve drill, I can kick, I can mask drill, I can basic 5, etc, etc... That's the important stuff, and all that I'm satisfied with.

The shooting thing I need lots of help with.

---
Ken

• Consistently do skills within a 3ft buoyancy window.
  • Improve my back kick.
  • Be able to perform all skills comfortably with my mask off.
  • Improve situational awareness.

lamont:
does passing tech 1 count as a "technique goal"?

Yes, good luck. :)

Please no Warhammer talk! It's too early in the year.

I'd like to smooth all techniques and pass IDC test.

Back
Top Bottom